Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is it Winter?

We are having very crazy weather here this December.  Last weekend we got buried under more than a foot of snow.  Now this weekend we are having a heat wave – it is almost 60 degrees already.  The sun is not shining, it is actually very cloudy, but it sure is warm out there considering what we just went through less than a week ago.  I am going to venture out for a run in a little while.  I mine as well take advantage of the ice free pavement while I have the opportunity – you never know when the next storm is going to come rolling through around here. 

For breakfast I made a messy mix using Weetabix which I moistened with 1/2 a cup of water – these things sure are absorbent.  I then mixed in 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, a banana, Cinnamon Puffins, honey roasted peanuts and a little strawberry preserves. It was super thick, creamy, crunchy, sweet, salty and of course delicious. 

HPIM6757

I have already had a productive morning around the house.  The dishes are done and I have managed to do some laundry.  I don’t think there are any big plans on our agenda today, which is really a nice feeling. All the running around last week really made me feel behind in my house work.  Have a great day.  I’ll be back later.

6 comments:

ksgoodeats said...

The weather is just insane lately! It was actually warmed in MI than it was in Vegas yesterday! Not that I'm complaining ;)

Lovely mess! Have a great Sunday!!

hk said...

honey roasted peanuts sound awesome in the mix :)

It's forecasted to reach 60* here in CT, too! Crazy- and I'm not complaining- hitting the pavement soon!!

VeggieGirl said...

Yep, it's 56°F here today; and yesterday it was almost 70°F. So weird!!

PUFFINS!!! Seriously, I just can't get tired of swooning over them :-D

Hooray for a productive day so far!! Keep enjoying it.

*Erica* said...

Our weather is crazy lately, too! One day we are barely out of the single digits, yesterday it was 70*, last night we were under a tornado watch and today it's beautiful with high of 47! Go figure! Have a great run!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

We flew from almost 70 degree weather in Nashville to freezing temps in Arizona. It's in the 30's here in the mornings. Brrrr.

Puffins...Mmmmm.

Bridget said...

Wow that particular Mess sounds so delicious!!

I know!! WHat's with the weather!! I think my apartment was cooler than outside this morning because I stepped out in my coat and scarf and immediately took off my coat. Then I was bummed because I had plans all day and no time for a run :(

Hope your run was great in the nice weather!