Monday, December 22, 2008

Individual Pizza

This week during one of my trips to Stop & Shop I spotted a new product of theirs.  I usually shy away from premade crusts because of the ingredient list and they are full of sodium.  This one was actually not that bad and the sodium was less than 2 slices of regular whole wheat bread. Fortunately these babies are also dairy free – no growth hormone worries. 

HPIM6545

I topped my pizza with a little salsa instead of pizza sauce, sliced zucchini and shredded cheese. I placed it on a preheated pizza stone (400 degrees), until the crust was super crispy and the cheese was nicely melted. 

 

HPIM6548

With my pizza I made a cucumber salad.  I simply seasoned thinly sliced cuke with this salt free blend and a little lime juice.

HPIM6543 HPIM6547

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I ended with a sweet treat – a Vita Brownie topped with 1/2 a tbsp PB. 

HPIM6551

Another quickie, sorry – tonight has been one of those nights.  I won’t get into details but a phone call I got this evening has really got my feathers ruffled.  I am so glad that I have a wonderful husband and a spectacular son – they are the best two guys any girlie could ask for.  Have a great night.  See you in the AM.  AND Charlie is officially on vacation :)

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Great pizzas!! And hooray for Charlie being on break now!! Enjoy your time together :-)

K said...

Spectacular pizzas and YUM to the dessert!!

YAY for Charlie being on break!

Julie said...

What section of stoppies did you find the pizza crust?? I need them!!

Sammie said...

Julie,
There was a rack of them near the Organic Section which in the S&S I was at is located next to the prepared foods. I am not sure what dept. they are supposed to be associated with. I hope you have luck find some.

Julie said...

Thanks Sammie! My stoppies is kind of lame with getting the new products out. I'll get those babies if I have to make several trips!

Sammie said...

Julie,
Are you in MA?

Julie said...

Yep, south shore...Braintree to be exact :)

Where in MA are you?

Sammie said...

I am in Bellingham. I bought the pizza crusts at the S&S in Milford. I was just wondering if you were near that store because I haven't seen them at the other S&S in Franklin. Maybe they are getting new products in different stores to see if they will sell. Let me know if you are able to find them.