Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I did Yoga

This afternoon I made lots of yummy goodies. I started by making Coffee Cordials and Pecan Caramel Surprises, both recipes are from Rachel Ray.   The Coffee cookies came out great but the Pecan ones did not. I am not sure what happened but one whole pan spread waaaay too much.  I tried to salvage the little guys but they ended up looking very ugly.  I am not willing to serve ugly food to the huz’s co-workers.  Charlie & D tried one and they bit liked the flavor – at least I didn’t ruin the flavor just the appearance. 

D and I also made Kisses Candy Twists – one of the easiest baking projects for my little man.  We made 2 flavors – Milk Chocolate Kisses with a lightly salted cashew decoration and Candy Cane Kisses with semi-sweet chocolate chips as an accent.  He really like unwrapping all the kisses and putting them on the pretzels. 

HPIM6385 HPIM6386
HPIM6387 HPIM6388
HPIM6389 HPIM6390
HPIM6392 HPIM6395
HPIM6398  HPIM6405 
HPIM6403 HPIM6401
HPIM6406 HPIM6407
HPIM6408 HPIM6411
HPIM6413 HPIM6414
HPIM6421 HPIM6422

I did have to stop for a snack break which was 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a chopped apple, 3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal and a tbsp AB.

HPIM6415

For diner I cooked up a serving (1/4 cup dry) of some new split peas that I bought at WF yesterday.  That one serving had 12 grams of protein.  I topped some cooked oats (1/4 cup dry) with the peas and a 1/2 cup of pumpkin.  I seasoned the peas with a sprinkle of curry powder and a pinch of salt.  There was a nice dowse of cinnamon added to the pumpkin because it just tastes so much better that way. 

HPIM6424 HPIM6417

I also had a piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread (I am a little obsessed with this bread) topped with a tbsp PB and cranberry apple butter. 

HPIM6419

A few hours later I decided to have a little something – a TJ’s granola bar and some Rice Milk. 

HPIM6423

So I checked out Yoga Download tonight and actually did a yoga workout.  I found one that was Yoga for Runners and it was great. I should really do yoga more often.  I felt like I was getting a great stretch and my mind was able to relax.  I waited until D was fast asleep which is probably the best time for me to do yoga.  It was really a nice way to release the day’s tension.  I am hoping that I can work some more yoga into my routine. 

I forgot to mention that our workday was good today.  D had a few battles but he survived and so did I.  All the moms pitched in and got the babysitters gift cards to Target as a Christmas gift – they are too sweet.  I took D to Target afterwards because I needed to pick up some ingredients for the baking extravaganza.  I ended up spending my gift card on some new clothes for D – he really needed them.  I was going to save it for maybe a little something for myself after Christmas when things will go on sale but when I saw the kids clothes on sale, I could not resist.  He picked out a really cool Transformers zip-up hooded sweatshirt which was only $6. 

That is all for today – I am so ready for my soft pillow. I hope you had a great night.  See you in the AM. 

4 comments:

ConsiderEatz! said...

What fun cookies! Soo glad you enjoyed yoga tonight, what a great treat for yourself! Have a nice evening!
-Caroline

VeggieGirl said...

Great workout (I LOVE YOGA!! I do it every morning), workday, and treats!! :-)

*Erica* said...

Looks like a fun baking extravaganza! The yoga for runners sounds very interesting...definitely piqued my interest. I'll have to check it out!

Kath said...

Yum!!!