Sunday, December 7, 2008

I am not doing to Good Today

Please forgive me but somehow my camera ate the photos from lunch. I remember taking the pictures too – damn thing.  We have been having a very relaxed day (kind of unusual for me) and my brain must be on the off position so I didn’t download them right away – lesson learned. I am kind of perturbed about it too because my lunch looked pretty yummy.  I will do my best to describe it.  I had 1/2 a lovely roasted acorn squash and a whole tomato which I took some of the guts out of.  Inside the veggies I stuffed 2 tablespoons of artichoke hummus – quite tasty.  I also had 2 slices of Boar’s Head Oven Gold roasted turkey and a slice of gouda cheese (I found a hormone free variety yesterday).  I ended lunch with a sweetie treat again.  I toasted 2 slices of sprouted wheat bread, topped one with a 1/2 a tablespoon of PB & Reduced Sugar strawberry preserves and the other with 1/2 a tablespoon of PB & 1/2 a tablespoon of chocolate chips.  I placed the piece with the chocolate under the broiler to melt the chips then spread out all the chocolaty goodness. 

Like I said we have not had too much excitement going on around here today.  It has been one of those stay home and keep warm kind of days. 

I did have an afternoon snack along with a cup of Sugar Cookie tea.  I sliced a golden delicious apple and ate a Kashi PB granola bar while enjoying my new favorite tea.  I am kind of obsessed I even have a stash because I can’t stop buying a box of it whenever I see it. 

HPIM6126

For dinner tonight I wanted another big salad.  I started with a bd of lettuce then added the other 1/2 of the roasted acorn squash, artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Boar’s Head low sodium ham and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.  I have been using fresh citrus juice instead of dressing and I am really digging it.  It adds such a bright fresh taste and a total burst of flavor to everything on the plate. 

HPIM6130

Along with the salad I had 2 Wasa crackers topped with a tablespoon of PB & Strawberry jelly – I am such a PB & J junkie. 

HPIM6128

For dessert I had 2 mini brownie muffins topped with a few extra chocolate chips.  Can you tell that I am totally thrilled to have found the vegan chips – many thanks to Whole Foods. 

HPIM6131 

Tonight is Desperate Housewives night – it looks like some more excitement is going to go down.  I am hoping that I can stay awake for the show.  I think the extra workout on the Precor today made me a bit tired – it was a great sweat fest, yeah gross, but it happens.  I have a feeling that if I stay up late that I will get hungry again.  If I do I have plenty of yummy tea to choose from and fruit.  Have a great evening.  See you in the AM. 

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

No worries!! Everything SOUNDS delish :-)

Have a wonderful evening!!

Erica said...

Sounds like a nice day of relaxing! Sometimes it feels so good to not do a whole lot of anything! Your salad from dinner looks great! Its been too long since I last had a big salad!