Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Before I get to our little adventure this afternoon let me recap lunch.

I had 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, one topped with Boar’s Head low sodium ham & Swiss cheese, the other a tablespoon each of PB & J. For some veg I had zucchini, artichoke hearts and a tablespoon of hummus.

HPIM6165

After lunch I took D to a Seasonal Specialty Store. They have a winter wonderland set up that is so cute and it really fills me with holiday cheer to see this place. My mommy always loved to go to this store (I think it was in a different location) and she would have our picture taken with Santa every year. Unfortunately Santa was not visiting this store but it was still fun. They have the most beautifully decorated Christmas trees – makes my decorations look a bit shabby. I am not kidding you – they sell some of their trees for like $500. I really could not ever spend that much on a tree and that doesn’t include ornaments. I guess if you want an artificial tree that looks as close to real as they come than you really need to shell out some serious scratch. Anyway I hope you enjoy the photos. D enjoyed checking out all the details.

HPIM6167 HPIM6169
HPIM6168 HPIM6170
HPIM6171 HPIM6172

I am off to make dinner. My honey is having chicken from the crock-pot. It is on the bone and has skin so I am not touching it. I have a little something planned that involves veggies – mmmm, I can’t get enough of them. See you later.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

SUCH a magical store - love it!!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, how come you won't have the chicken?
Lunch looks delish!

Erica said...

What a cool store! You and D do the coolest stuff! I'm jealous ;)

Sammie said...

I don't eat chicken or any meat for that matter off a bone - it wiggs me out. I only eat boneless & skinless breast meat if I am going to eat chicken. I really have to be in the mood - I am not a huge fan of meat. Most of the time I make myself eat it for the protein and a little variety. I just happened to have chicken thighs and drumsticks (per Charlie's request) in the freezer from last month so that's what he got for dinner.