Friday, December 19, 2008

The Food that Heals

D had a huge bowl of Lipton Extra Noodle Soup for lunch today.  While he was eating it he kept saying that he wasn’t sick anymore because the soup made him all better.  I am usually not a big fan of the pouch style soups because they have a TON of sodium & MSG.  I knew that he would eat this so I bought it but it will not be a regular food in my little man’s diet.  I would actually like to make a homemade noodle soup which would be way better for him.  I bet that if I just boiled noodles in chicken broth that would be fine.  That’s the plan for next time. 

My lunch today was pretty close to the same thing as yesterday.  I had a big plate of veggies – cuke, zucchini and 1/2 a red pepper which was stuffed with 1/2 a cup cottage cheese.  I also had 2 tbsp of hummus. 

HPIM6457

It is a toast kind of day around here so I had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin  Bread with a tbsp PB, a tbsp AB and a tbsp cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6456

The snow has not started yet – I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.  I am off to make a cup of warm tea because I am freezing

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for healing, comforting eats :-)

Stay warm!!

Jaime said...

yummy eats sammie! please stay warm and SAFE in this mess we have here in lovely new england!!!!!

Aggie said...

Hope D is feeling better...that soup reminds me of my grandma, she would give it to me when I was sick too.

Another yummy plate of veggies!

Hope you are staying warm!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

red pepper with cottage cheese! yum!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com