Monday, December 15, 2008

Finally Caught up With Me

Since last Wednesday I have either gotten up at 4:30 or 5:30.  I think the early rising has finally caught up with me.

Even though I had a late lunch I still had my afternoon snack - I would end up paying for the lack of nutrients later, especially because I cleaned for over 2 hours. I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with a tbsp cranberry apple butter and 3/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber cereal. 

HPIM6349

For dinner tonight I had a stuffed red pepper.  I have tried yellow and orange peppers but red are my absolute favorite.  I could eat a red pepper every day.  I stuffed this baby with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a tbsp and a half of hummus.  I also had Ezekiel Swiss cheesy toast and a piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread with PB. 

HPIM6351

Dessert tonight was a a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar – I love the chocolate drizzle on the top of these things. 

HPIM6352

Sorry today was not that exciting.  I think this weekend really wore me out.  I feel like it was a big blur – thankfully I have the blog to remember the festivities.  My mommy called me as soon as she got home. It took them about 6 & 1/2 hours to get back to Eastport ME, but they made it without any trouble at all.  She was a bit under the weather while she was here – probably the same cold that EVERYONE (including me) has been coming down with.  At least now she is back in coziness of her own house and her own bed.  I hope she feels better soon.  Speaking of beds I think that I will be crawling into mine in a few.  I am already in my PJs and my teeth are brushed and flossed so I am all set for some snooze time. 

I can’t believe that Christmas is next week. We put up our Christmas tree and I got out the stockings last night.  Nothing like a few decorations to put you in the holiday spirit.

I hope you had a great Monday.  See you tomorrow. 

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I love stuffed peppers - yum.

Thank goodness your mom made it back okay!!

Have a lovely evening!!

Erica said...

Feel better, get some rest! Glad mama is home safe :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Your stuffed peppers inspired my lunch today - so delicious. Hope you get plenty of rest tonight!