Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Early to Bed & Early to Rise

I did manage to get to bed a 8:30 last night but then my body was wide awake at 5:30 this morning.  At least I got a full nights sleep.  I did not go to the gym because I would like to take D today.  He hasn’t been since last Wednesday and I know he will enjoy the play time with his buddies. 

My breakfast this morning was an A+.  I cooked 1/2 cup of oats with water then added slices of banana, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, a TJ’s Vanilla Almond Crunch chewy granola bar and a tbsp of PB.  I enjoyed this bowl of deliciousness with a warm cup of tea.  I am actually getting ready to have a second cup – Sugar Cookie.  I only have one cup of caffeinated tea in the AM – I will get very shaky if I have more than that. 

HPIM6356

It looks like we are going to have a cruddy day here.  Quite a change from the 60 degree weather we had yesterday.  I am just happy that it is not snowing. 

Have a great day. 

9 comments:

Erica said...

The weather seems like it is just crazy! Hope its not to chilly up near you today!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

9 hours of sleep - nice! Even though there was no red or blue in the mess this morning, I bet it was still yummy :)

Have a good Tuesday!

Aggie said...

Yummy breakfast! Hope you have a great day!

K said...

Glad to hear you had such a great night of sleep! The weather is just insane lately!

VeggieGirl said...

Fabulous night's sleep and A++++++ (haha) breakfast!! :-)

Hang in there with the weather, and enjoy your Tuesday!!

Meghann said...

I get shakey with too much caffeine in the AM as well. If I did not have so much to do at night I would love to go to bed at 8:30. I usually struggle to get to bed at 10:00, as soon as I hit the pillow I am out cold.

polly said...

Hi Sammie!
I wanted to say happy late birthday to your pumpkin pie and happy tuesday to you! Enjoy this day, love hearing about your sweet family. Hugs ~ Polly

p.s. oats with naners are my fave. :)

HeatherBakes said...

I've never added yogurt to cooked oats... can you taste it, or is it just for a protein boost?

Woohoo for lots of sleep!

Sammie said...

Heather,
It adds a hint of bitterness but also makes it creamy. I add it for protein.