Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Combo Worked

I decided to go with cold oat bran today but I didn’t soak it overnight.  I thought that it might be a little too grainy but it worked and it was tasty.  Here is the mix: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, about 1/4 cup oat bran, 2 tbsp hemp protein powder, a banana, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, and a tbsp of PB and cranberry apple butter. 

HPIM6428 

The test will be how long this messy bowl stays with me – I am hoping at least through a workout.  It was only 7 o’clock when I ate it and I can’t get to the gym earlier than 8:30 which means it needs to last at least 4 hours.  I am usually ok until about 11 but then my tummy starts to talk loud and clear.  I tend to need to eat anywhere from every 2.5 – 4 hours depending on my meals.  I am much happier eating more smaller ones than 3 larger – I don’t like the feeling of too much food in my belly all at once. 

I am glad that it is Thursday – tomorrow my honey starts his vacation.  He was out the door early this morning because today he has his big review.  Let’s hope it goes well and he gets a nice raise.  He had my cookies and pretzel treats in hand so I’ll let you know what the fans had to say about my goodies. 

Have a great day.  Happy Thursday.

7 comments:

Erica said...

The cookies and pretzels look good- I think everyone will love them! Hope the breakfast holds you over! I agree, I much prefer multiple small meals!

VeggieGirl said...

Looks delish!!

Good luck to your husband with his review!!

K said...

I'm a big fan of lots of small meals too! It's easier on my stomach and I feel like I'm eating all day long which is fine by me :)

The cookies look great! Hope your hubbies review goes well!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

My husband's year-end review is coming up soon as well, and I'm sending him into the office with cookies on Monday. So, your post made me laugh :)

I notice you eat oat bran often. I have a box, but only use it in recipes. I'll have to try it for breakfast one day soon. Still gotta get some of that hemp protein powder!

meghanN said...

I have to eat at least evrey 3 hours too! I HATE feeling hungry and overly full so meals and snacking all day is definitelyyy for me too!

*Erica* said...

Yay for Christmas break for us adults, too! I hope your hubby's review goes very well!

Charlie said...

Cookies were a smash. Fed them to my boss and his boss and his boss (lots bigwigs here today).

A little bribery never hurt.