Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chai Tea Oat Bran

Merry Christmas Eve blogland!!  I am so excited that this fun and festive holiday has finally arrived.  I love spending time with my family and watching my little man’s excitement when he sees what Santa brought tomorrow morning. 

I was up and out the door super early and got in a good workout.  Before leaving I had my standard banana. 

My real breakfast this morning was a super duper treat.  I made a bowl of oat bran using 3/4 cup of chai tea.  I let the tea steep for a few minutes, removed the bag then added 1/3 cup oat bran.  I tossed in a chopped apple, a 1/4 cup dollop of Greek yogurt and a tbsp PB.

HPIM6586

I also added 2 Banana Biscotti which I crisped up in the toaster oven.  These two guys did not seem crunchy enough.  I think the next time I make these biscotti I will leave them in a little longer for their second bake. 

This bowl of deliciousness hit the spot. 

HPIM6588

After babysitting I ran to Stop & Shop – MAD HOUSE!!!  Thankfully I was by myself – D stayed home with daddy today. I was in and out in about 45 minutes.  When I got home it was definitely time to eat. 

I chopped a yellow pepper and topped it with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 tbsp hummus.

HPIM6590

I also had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast – no surprise there I am sure.  I topped my toast with a tbsp of PB and a tbsp blueberry All Fruit Spread.


HPIM6589

While I was at the store I splurged on a Honey Crisp apple and I just could not resists eating it – of course it was delicious.  That would be apple #2 of the day – oh how I love fruit.

 

HPIM6592

This afternoon we are going to visit my Nana because one of my Aunts is there from New Jersey.  We are not going over there tomorrow so I would like to see her for a little while today.  Have a safe evening, I hope you have a jolly good time :)

3 comments:

HeatherBakes said...

Yeah, all stores are nuts right now- we went to Wal-Mart last night at like 11 and it was still CRAZY.

Have fun at your Nana's and Merry Christmas to you guys!

VeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM!!!

Have a wonderful holiday celebration with your family!!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

You are brave to face the grocery store crowds today! I am going to try your tea/oat bran combo with my favorite blueberry tea for b'fast tomorrow. Can't wait.

Happy Holidays Sammie!