Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can you see the difference?

I have been using the photo station my honey gave me for Christmas when taking my pictures and I can really see the difference.  I am just wondering if you can see it too?  My kitchen now looks like some sort of photography studio and anyone new coming into my house would really give me some funny looks.  It is amazing how my blog has become such a huge part of my life - even my kitchen has been transformed. 

This morning I had a very cinnamon flavored breakfast.

HPIM6812

I started by cooking 1/3 cup oat bran with water in the microwave which results in a super thick mass.  I then mixed in a itty bitty banana and the mass turned soooo creamy – it was like the banana melted into the oaty goodness.  

HPIM6813

My toppings were 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt and an ounce of Blue Diamond Cinnamon Brown Sugar Almonds.  The almonds gave this bowl of goodies a much needed crunch.  The Puffins do not stay as crunchy as when they are mixed with yogurt or cottage cheese.  I think the heat must make them turn soft much faster.  Whatever texture they take on I still find them delicious. 

HPIM6814

So when I looked outside this morning I was greeted with some white stuff – yes it is back.  Just when I could see pavement and grass the junk had to come back.  Like I said the other day, you never know when the snow will make an appearance again.  At least it was less than an inch but enough that I will not be able to run outside.  I am not taking my chances, there could be some ice under that white fluffy blanket.

Charlie has to return to work today and he might have to go in tomorrow too.  At least he has the rest of the week off.  I am taking D to the gym – he hasn’t been there in so long.  I am not sure what the rest of the day will be like. We will probably play with some new toys – he got plenty of them.  By the way, his new bed tent does not keep him out of my bed.  He still wanders into my room in the middle of the night.  I can’t win. 

Have a great day.  See you later.

8 comments:

runningwithfood.com said...

Hi Sammie! I just looked back over the past several days ... so glad you had such a nice Christmas! You will love your Vita-Mix ... go for the ice cream recipes first! :)

I'm really curious about the Honey Cinnamon ... thanks for the link to their site.

Have a great day!

VeggieGirl said...

FAAABULOUS photos. And food!! :-)

Have a lovely Tuesday, Sammie!!

K said...

Your photos have been looking really good lately! It's not just you ;)

Aw man, you have snow again?! We're supposed to get some today but I'm trying not to think about it!

ConsiderEatz! said...

What a sweet hubby you have, and great photos! Have a beautiful Tuesday, Sammie! :)

Robin said...

Oat bran is the best, I love it. And the photos look great!

Charlie said...

"What a sweet hubby you have"

Yeah, I'm the best!

;)

Meghann said...

The pictures look great. Very sharp and clear.

Bobbi said...

great pics and I want those puffins!!!!