Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brownie For Breakfast

Happy Birthday!! At 6:02 AM on December 14, 2004, Declan Charles O’Toole was born. He weighed 8lbs 9oz and he was 21 inches long – yeah he was a biggie. Little did I know how much my life was about to change that day. Being his mommy has really brought out a part of me that I never knew existed.

"Declan,
I am so proud to be your mother. Thank you for being the most amazing kid. My hope for you is that you grow up to be whatever your heart desires. Always know that whatever challenges you face mommy & daddy are here for you no matter what. We love you more than words can express. Your happiness is our #1 goal – keep sporting that delightful smile."

b-day7

Onto other happenings – I slept horribly!!! So I was up at 5:30 because I just could not lay in bed awake any longer. I made a little mess then headed outside for a 7.5 mile run. In the mix today was 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, a drizzle of cranberry apple butter and 1/2 a tablespoon of AB.

HPIM6310

After my run I was not hungry right away so I hopped in the shower to thaw out – it was a frosty one out there today. When I finally got hungry I made a delicious bowl of Brownie Oats. I have been seeing Tina adding such yummy baked goods to her oats the past few weeks and every time I look at her bowl I am jealous of what she ate for breakfast. Well this morning I had myself a decadent bowl of deliciousness. I cooked 1/4 cup oats with water then topped it with a Dark Chocolate Pomegranate VitaBrowine and drizzled on 1/2 a tablespoon of AB. Oh my, my – now that was palate pleasing.

HPIM6316

D got to have a special breakfast too. I topped his waffle with chocolate chips and then let them get all gooey – he was quite happy.

HPIM6313

We saved a few presents for today so that he could actually open something on his real birthday.

b-day2

He got some Transformers from his Great-Aunt which were sent to him all the way from Pennsylvania.

b-day1

Mommy & Daddy gave him a bunch of comic books.

b-day3

He was thrilled to get Sonic the Hedgehog and …..

b-day4

Scooby Doo. The others were Star Wars, Spiderman and Looney Toons.

b-day5

I hope you are having a great weekend. See you later.

14 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Such a touching note dedicated to your little D - happy birthday to him!! :-)

Hope you sleep better tonight!!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy..loved all the picture's of him this week!! Very sweet note to him :)

I made more of your cranberries this week..I eat them on everything..I had never had anything but canned prior to this!! Thanks for the idea!!

Sleep better tonight!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Happy Birthday D! Love Vitamuffins in my AM oats as well, especially with a dollop of whipped cream :) Have a good Sunday.

Julie said...

Wow, I had the same bowl of oats! I had 1/2c. oats w/ 1/2 chocolate mint soy milk, 1/2c. water and topped w/ a chocolate vita top! It was insanely good.

Happy bday to your little guy, he has a very Irish name, so cute!

Erica said...

Awww so cute! Happy birthday again D! What fun gifts! Glad you got in another great run today! You seriously kick a**! Hope you get some rest time today!

ashley (sweetandnatural) said...

Happy birthday to your little boy!

*Erica* said...

What a beautiful note! Happy "Real" Birthday, D!

Simple and Divine said...

YOU ARE THE COOLEST MOMMY :) I love the relationship you have with your little one! So sweet <3

And Happy Birthday Handsome D!!! The bloggies LOVER youuu!

And I hoe you sleep better tonight! Last night, for the first time in MONTHS, I slept through the entire night without a stir... THANK THE HEAVENS!!

And those oats! Ohhh Mama! Talk about a treat!

*Andrea* said...

awww he is soooooooooo cute! you're a lucky mom and hes a lucky boy :)

pinkcowgirl said...

AWWW!!!!!!! How sweet. :) Future runner, is he?!?! :)

hk said...

CUTE!!!

oooh ooh, i am loving your furry/fuzzy hoodie :) i've been looking everywhere, where'd you find yours?

strongandhealthy said...

Happy Birthday to your little one!

Sammie said...

hk,
My mommy got that for me for Christmas. She bought it in Ellsworth Maine at a store called Reny's. The brand is Poof. I LOOOOVE it.

Aggie said...

I love your little note to D...he is so sweet in his pictures with his gifts!! Hope you slept better last night! (ps...I haven't been sleeping well at all this weekend!)

I'm eating my breakfast of savory oats with scrambled egg/egg whites...inspired by you (again!)...I'm going to be hooked on this for a while!!

Have a great day!