Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Banana Biscotti

I used this recipe to make some yummy Banana Biscotti. I omitted the nuts, swapped whole wheat pastry flour for the all-purpose flour and ended up adding 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce to the dough because it was a tad dry. I am always changing the recipe and sometimes I regret it when the finished product comes out yuck. Well this time, I was pleasantly rewarded with some of the tastiest low-fat biscotti I have ever had. And I used to bake biscotti for a living back in the pre-mommy days, so I know a thing or two about these crispy delights.

HPIM6570 HPIM6560
HPIM6563 HPIM6578
HPIM6568 HPIM6569
HPIM6571 HPIM6561
HPIM6572 HPIM6564

My honey sampled one and remarked on their deliciousness. I had 2 of these babies – I was envisioning another with a cup of tea (that’s my afternoon snack).

HPIM6579

For lunch today I had a nice sampling of a bunch of favorites. I started things off green – celery sticks, zucchini rounds and hummus.

HPIM6576

Next I had a tiny sweet potato (cooked in the nuke) which I stuffed with cottage cheese then sprinkled on some cinnamon.

HPIM6574

Then I had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with 1/2 a tbsp AB & Blueberry All Fruit Spread on one slice and 1/2 a tbsp PB & cranberry apple butter on the other.

HPIM6575

We all went to see The Tale of Despereaux this afternoon. It was a very cute movie but D was a little antsy the whole time. I think there were some parts that might have freaked him out a little.

When we got home I needed a snack (there wasn’t any done during the movie). I made a cup of Sugar Cookie tea and had a biscotti. I also mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup Original Puffins (somehow I bought the wrong flavor, I wanted Cinnamon) and a dab of cranberry apple butter.

HPIM6580

The tea and biscotti were heavenly. Not a bad cookie for like 55 calories and less than a gram of fat AND whole wheat.

I need to wrap some presents so I think that is what I am off to do. Have a great afternoon – what’s left of it. I might go to a Hot Yoga class. I actually live practically across the street from a yoga studio but have never gone. Since my interest in yoga has been sparked this past week I feel the urge to check it out. See you tonight.

6 comments:

Erica said...

I love biscotti and I bet a banana biscotti is just wonderful! I got quite a bit of baking done too! Good luck with present wrapping. Can't wait to hear how hot yoga is! I've heard lots of great stuff about it.

VeggieGirl said...

PERFECT use of those extra bananas!! Yum!!

Ahh, so sorry about the Puffins - better stock up on the Cinnamon, and check the label twice!! :-D

HAVE FUN AT YOGA!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

The biscotti looks awesome!!

K said...

Banana biscotti?! Sounds great :D

Did you used to work in a bakery before you had D?

Sammie said...

K,
Yes I did, I was in fact the baker. The bakery actually only sold biscotti.

Rose said...

Will definitely be saving this recipe for biscotti in the future...