Sunday, December 21, 2008

At it Again

I made it out to the gym this morning before the next snow fall – yes, it is at it again already.  It was so nice to run 7 miles even though I was stuck to the treadmill.  I totally needed that runners high.

Before my workout I had to eat breakfast because I woke up starving.  I made a messy mix of about 2 1/2 tbsp oat bran, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a teeny banana, 1/4 cup PB Puffins, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tbsp PB.

HPIM6491

On my way home from the gym I stopped at the store to pick up a few items because I probably will not want to venture out later.  I hooked myself up with goodies to make more Pretzel Kisses and Peanut Butter cookies.  I mine as well do something productive while I am stuck in the house.  I had a little snackie when I got home – a golden delicious apple and a light mozzarella string cheese stick.

HPIM6493

For lunch I stuffed a red pepper with left over Raw Mac & Cheese.  This “cheese” sauce is amazing – I can not even get over how darn tasty it is.  I added 1/2 cup cottage cheese to the bowl to up the protein.  The combination of the flavors and textures in this bowl were heaven.  Heather you have brought such joy to my tummy – thank you again. 

HPIM6495 

I also had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with a tbsp PB and a tbsp Polaner Blueberry All Fruit spread.

HPIM6494

I stumbled upon this little tid bit of info the other day and thought you might find it interesting.  With all the baking that goes on around the holidays you might find yourself in a situation where you might have to improvise ingredients.  It is nice to know that you can use whipped butter in a pinch. 

Have a great afternoon.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

You used both PB Puffins AND Cinnamon Puffins in your bowl?!??!?!! OOOOOH, marvelous.

Interesting info regarding whipped butter versus stick butter - thanks for the article link!!

Happy Sunday, Sammie!!

K said...

Thanks for the link! I'm a big ingredient swapper because I haaaaate running out to the store at the last minute to pick up something I've run out of!

Have a great Sunday!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

So happy to spread the love of the cashew cream sauce! Thanks for the butta tip - I know that will come in handy in the future.

7 miles - woohoo. Great way to start the day!

Erica said...

Thank you for the website! I am alwayyyys looking for subs. Glad you got to the gym. Stay warm!!

pinkcowgirl said...

Apple and string cheese!!!! That's a staple in my diet!!!