Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Apple Hemp Bran

This morning is flying by – I can’t believe it is already almost 10 o’clock.  I got up around 5:30, ate a banana and headed to the gym.  Since Charlie is home I could take my time.  I really enjoyed my workout being able to do whatever I wanted to do and staying as long as I pleased. 

When I got home my lazy boys were just getting out of bed.  Thankfully I was able to hop in the shower before the craziness started. D is very excited to have daddy home – they are playing their favorite Wii game right now – a little father/son bonding time :)

For breakfast I went for 1/3 cup oat bran mixed with 3/4 cup boiling water.  To that I mixed 2 tbsp hemp protein powder, a chopped golden delicious apple. 

HPIM6553

I topped my thick and creamy bran with 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Granola and a tbsp of PB.

HPIM6559

Since the guys are busy I am going to bake up a little something with one of my very ripe bananas – not bread.  See you later with the goodies – at least I am hoping this recipe results in something edible. 

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Lovely breakfast. Love the granola topping - gotta have that crunch! Can't wait to see what you bake up with the banana. Take lots of pics!

VeggieGirl said...

Love. your. breakfast. period.

Erica said...

What a nice morning! Enjoy your time with your men!

K said...

That is the best granola!

Can't wait to see what you make, enjoy your day!!