Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another Present for Sammie

I am so glad to be home right now.  It is a cold rainy day and I am nice and comfy in my house. We had to go out this morning for D’s karate class and then we stopped at Borders where D picked out a couple things to buy with his very own gift card – I got another yoga DVD (I am addicted). 

This morning I used the WaterRower because it was raining outside and the gym was not open yet.  I am so glad that I have an option available to me in my own home.  I need to get some sort of physical activity every day or else I feel very sluggish and often end up with a headache. 

I made some breakfast beforehand – I woke up with a very hungry belly. I mixed 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt, a banana, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tbsp each PB and Strawberry Preserves.  I love the combo of strawberry and banana – add PB and it is divine.

HPIM6715

On the drive to karate I had a Z Bar for a snack.

HPIM6717

For lunch I made a nice healthy plate of goodies – a bed of baby spinach, 1/2 a red pepper (mmmm, my favorite), a chopped golden delicious apple, 1/2 a cup cottage cheese and a tbsp tahini which was an awesome alternative to PB.

HPIM6718

I also had a TJ’s granola bar (this has become a new favorite of mine).  It is not too sweet, super chewy and I love the crunch from the almonds. 

HPIM6721

So here is the excitement, I had present at my door yesterday.

HPIM6722

That’s right I am a proud owner of a Vita-Mix blender. I was asked to test it out and write about my experience with it – THANK YOU Allison!!  It came with a TON of recipes which are all very healthy.  This baby can make ice cream, soup, nut butters – the list is endless.  I made a special spot for it on my counter next to my other appliances – they all look so happy together.  I have not made anything yet – like I said it just arrived yesterday – but I will be playing around with it soon.

I have so much laundry to do today so that is what my afternoon is going to be spent doing.  I hope you all have a great day.  See you later.

7 comments:

ksgoodeats said...

YAY FOR THE VITA-MIX!! What a great surprise!

Next time I'm at TJs I'll have to get those granola bars!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Oh my gosh Sammie. I am so excited for you and your new blender!!! I just did an Ode to my Vitamix post this past week with some recipes and a nut butter demo. Wait until you make the cashew cheese sauce with it - so creamy and smooth.

Tahini on cottage cheese?!? Why I haven't I ever tried that? Sounds delish!

Again, so so excited about the new addition to your kitchen counter. You will love it!

VeggieGirl said...

Yoga is DEFINITELY an addiction - I can't start my morning without a session.

Enjoy the new blender!! So fun!!

Sammie said...

Heather,
I watched your almond butter video - loved it. Once I saw the machine in action I couldn't wait to get mine. The tahini added another layer of flavor - it was really tasty.

Aggie said...

Can't wait to see what you whip up in the blender!

Meghann said...

Wow!! So jealous of the Vita-Mix blender! I've never even heard of these before a month a go but now all these blogs have me craving one of my own. Can't wait to hear your review.

Kristi said...

I am so JEALOUS!!!! I have been wanting to get a vita-mix! My blender is on it's last leg and I really can't buy one right now! Let us know how you like it :)

-Kristi

www.krittie.wordpress.com