Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Oaty Experiment

So my mommy arrived around 3:30 and D was super excited to see her. He was looking out the window all day asking me where she was they have had lots of fun playing and he enjoyed his Mimi reading him a bedtime story.

Here are the eats for the rest of my day.

This afternoon my snack was yogurt and……..

HPIM6221

a Chocolate Brownie Z Bar.

HPIM6222

This morning I started marinating a tomato, zucchini, artichoke hearts and red pepper in fresh lime juice, basil, cilantro and fresh ground pepper. I then added lentils right before eating which went along with a little Multi Grain hot cereal experiment.

HPIM6224

I cooked 1/2 a cup of the cereal with a little less than a cup of water then added some shredded cheese.

HPIM6223

I topped the hot cereal & cheesy goodness with the load of veggies. This turned out super tasty, filling and full of flavor. I love, love, love the flavor of a fresh lime.

HPIM6225

For dessert I had a sliced golden delicious apple and a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM6227

I have been enjoying chatting with my mommy tonight – I missed her so much. I do get to talk to her on the phone often but I like having her here much better. Time to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is a cleaning day so to the gym I go at 5 AM. Have a great night.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Keep having fun with Mom; and good luck cleaning tomorrow!!

ConsiderEatz! said...

Your so creative with that oatmeal! And everything for that matter! :)

HealthyLiving said...

Cheese in oatmeal? I've always thought of oatmeal as a sweeter type meal, sounds good though.