Monday, November 17, 2008

Warm & Crispy

The sun is still shining but it is CHILLY out there. It was 38 degrees this morning when I went to the gym and I don't think it has warmed up that much since then.
When I got home I really needed a little snackie to hold me over while I showered and baked my lunch. I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 a Cliff Bar.

For lunch I roasted a sweet potato - straight up - my favorite way. These babies came out so warm and crispy. I loved every bit of this massive sweetie.

For some protein I had more cottage cheese which I mixed with TJ's Red Pepper Spread. I topped a few pieces of the sweet potato with this mixture - it was a nice combo.

And because I am obsessed with the crunchiness of this I had to end the meal with Heart 2 Heart and almonds - it is too much fun to eat.

Yes I painted that bowl - it was a little mommy/D activity last summer. We went to one of those paint your own pottery places - he painted a piggy bank. I found a bunch of dishes that I never use over the weekend when I was cleaning - that explains the new leaf plates too. I have had them since I got married and I have never used them. I pulled them out just for you guys - maybe now I won't always eat on my fancy paper china. Plus, the cute plates make the photos more fun.
Enjoy your afternoon.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

SWEET POTATOES!!! **swoons**

GORGEOUS bowl!!

ksgoodeats said...

Love the leaf plate - very cute!

Anonymous said...

how do you make your sweet potatoes??

Sammie said...

First I microwave the sweet potato for 1 minute, then I peel most of the skin off with a veg peeler. Next I slice it into rounds and put on a sheet pan line with a Silpat Baking mat. I bake it in a 400 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or till very browned and crispy.

Aggie said...

Ok, those sweet potatoes look awesome! I always cut mine into wedges, but I'm going to roast mine this way next time! What a great lunch! I so wish I had a Trader Joes near me...that spread sounds good!

Thanks for putting me on your blog roll Sammie! :)