Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Very Simple Sunday

We have had just a simple day here which I am quite enjoying. The D man is in bed nice and early - after 2 late nights he really needed it.
I am looking forward to watching Desperate Housewives tonight - that show just keeps getting better.
This morning I opted for the WaterRower and my resistance band for some exercise. When I was finished I really needed a little pick me up. I rolled 2 pieces of Applegate Farms roasted turkey around a piece of string cheese.

For lunch I mixed 1/2 an 80 calories pouch of tuna with a tablespoon of hummus and 1/4 cup chic peas. I tossed that mixture with some lettuce - so simple, yet very delicious.

My usual 1/2 cup Greek yogurt was mixed with a pear, Kashi GoLean, cranberry apple butter and sunflower seed butter.

My afternoon snack was carrot sticks and a Z Bar.

Dinner was toasted whole wheat bread and melted lite cheddar cheese.

Yes more yogurt - I really hope you all are not getting to bored - I tried to experiment with the lunch today. In the bowl along with Greek yogurt was summer squash, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins, apple butter and sunflower seed butter.

I finished Harry Potter 7 yesterday so I started a new book today. My huz recommended Watership Down. I am already glad that I chose this for my next read.
Time to catch up on all my fav blogs while waiting for my show. I hope you all had a great weekend. See you in the AM.

7 comments:

Erin of Care to Eat said...

I am positive no one is bored with your messes. Have you noticed they're spreading like wildfire? Your trademark!

VeggieGirl said...

Simple & enjoyable Sunday = perfect!!

I agree with Erin - your mess creations are FABULOUS!!!

Sammie said...

Thank you!! I am happy to hear that they are still enjoyed because my I can't live without them :)

Sarah said...

Have you tried straining your own plain non-fat yogurt to get the consistency of the Greek?

I only bought one carton at TJ's yesterday, and I'm sure that will be gone by tomorrow. And its so spendy!

I will have to experiment, but let me know if you've had any luck.

magpie said...

My favorite z-bar flavor!

I've got to try that sunflower seed butter.

strongandhealthy said...

I love reading about all your "messes." You're so creative!

Sammie said...

Sarah,
Yes I have strained plain yogurt before. I eat way too much yogurt - I would have a hard time keeping up my supply. I don't mind spending a little extra for greek yogurt - we spend our money on good healthy food and rarely eat out. I don't buy a lot of extras - that is basically why I eat the same stuff (Kashi cereal, Puffins, PB). It is worth a try if you have the time and are looking for that great thick consistency.