Sunday, November 16, 2008

Using things Up

I went for a glorious 8 miler today - my time was 65 minutes. It was a bit windy but I felt so good being outside in the fresh Fall air.
For lunch today I just used up things in the fridge that need to get eaten. Yet again, another organic apple chicken sausage. Today I removed the casing and cook it in a saute pan, breaking it up into chunks while it cooked. I also cooked (in the same pan) summer squash, 1/2 a peeled and chopped apple and sauerkraut. I topped this delicious mound of yummies with a few grinds of fresh ground pepper. I also ate the rest of the apple in slices and a whole wheat mini pita. I stuffed some of the sausage/veg and apple slices into the pita halves for a little excitement.

I ended lunch with a mix of Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins (3/4 cup total) and 1/2 an ounce of roasted almonds.

Then I savored this little baby - spicy and delicious.

We have a few errands to run this afternoon but we also have a little family fun adventure planned as well. I will report on that tonight :)
Have a great afternoon.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Great run and meals!!

Have fun on your adventure!! :-)

Aggie said...

Wow, great run! I need to get some puffins...mmmm

The greek seasoning I buy is a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and sage...so very easy to make with what you have! Let me know if you make the turkey burgers one day!

Sammie said...

Aggie,
Thanks - that seasoning sounds simple yet flavorful.