Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Two Hour Wait

Unfortunately for the guys we did not end up dining at Red Robin last night. When we got there it was PACKED and the wait was 2 hours. If D wasn't with us then the wait wouldn't have mattered but I didn't want to feed him at an hour that he is usually sleeping. We all headed to a TGI Fridays - I hate chain restaurants & last night proved that even more. If we weren't out with friends then Charlie and I would have opted for a better place. I was hoping to get a decent salad but they only had 4 choices - 3 of them containing something fried. I opted for the house salad which was as lame as it can get - I didn't even eat it - that is the reason for the lack of photo. It really was only 4 grape tomatoes, 3 cuke slices, shredded carrots and lettuce - pretty exciting. Thankfully I planned for this sort of dilemma - I had 2 afternoon snacks - one being around 4:45 because I knew we would be eating later than my usual time.
My first snack was 1/2 up Greek yogurt, TJ's High Fiber cereal and apple butter.

Snack #2 an Arnold Sandwich Thin with 1/2 tablespoon PB and 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seed butter.

Of course I came home and whipped up the quickest meal possible - I was starving by that point. A mess - yes, shocking I am sure. I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, unsweetened applesauce, Kashi GoLean, cranberry apple butter and sunflower seed butter. This totally satisfied the empty spot in my tummy.

This morning I made oatmeal again - see once I find something that works I have a hard time veering from it. I am loving the combo of 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup pumpkin, Cinnamon Puffins and sunflower seed butter. The dairy portion had to be 1/2 cup Greek yogurt - I am all out of cottage cheese. I actually prefer cottage cheese, it makes a much thicker bowl of oats.

I am up a bit early due to the fact that we set our clocks back. It was nice to wake up and see the sun but that means it will just be darker earlier in the day : ( I am sure going to miss the long days of summer sunlight.
I don't know what we are doing today - I think we might try to get out for a little family adventure. My huz has tomorrow off - we have dentist appointments. I LOVE to got to the dentist and get my teeth cleaned.
Enjoy your day.

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, a 2-hour restaurant wait?!?!??! Bummer. Glad you didn't waste time waiting there though - NOT worth it!!

Have a lovely Sunday!!!

Seeleelive said...

do you usually measure out your food or eye-ball it?

Sammie said...

Lee,
I am a measurer - why do you ask???

Erica said...

What a bummer. I hate that chain restaurants always put fried products in their salads :( I got the same thing as you last time we went to Fridays. Hope you have a great day!

Samantha said...

I take my three year old out for a mommy and me dinner once a week. Of course, I let her pick where we go. I endured TGI Fridays for three weeks in a row, and then I finally made her pick somewhere else. She was obsessed with the "Dirt" dessert of pudding, oreos and gummy worms! I felt bad but I couldn't take eating there one more time. Chains really are horrible, aren't they?

sharon said...

A two hour wait? Wow, that is super long! Well, good side of things is you got to spend time with friends! =)

magpie said...

Eek, that sucks - I hate going to places like that :(

Thank goodness for yummy foods you can make yourself!

Sarah said...

Last time we went to Red Robin (it was back in May, on vacation) I actually found a stir fry bowl that I did with half the chicken and twice the veggies...of course I paid through the nose for something that I could have made at home (and much more tastily).

Thanks for the Trader Joe's tips...I had Greek yogurt with sunflower butter and cranberry apple butter this morning...with Kashi and bananas, of course. It was DELICIOUS!!!

Sunflower butter may be overtaking almond as my fave.

Enjoy your Sunday!!!

HangryPants said...

Ugh sorry about the salad experience. I don't understand that. How hard is it to offer a good salad. I bet you could have put together something better than that in the back.