Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Half

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope you are all with your family and friends to celebrate this day of thankfulness.

I did indeed rise early today and hit the pavement.  I ate a Maple Nut Clif Bar before my journey.  It was very sweet but proved to be good fuel for my half marathon that I ran this morning.  That’s right, I finally banged out 13.1 miles and my finish time was 1 hour 49 minutes.  It feels so good to know that I have the ability to run that far.  I am thankful for the legs and strength that God gave me.  Strangely, I was not hungry when I got back home so I hopped in the shower which was so refreshing. 

Once it was time for food I of course made a messy bowl of yumminess.In the mix was 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup pumpkin, a banana, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup Original Puffins (I had a cereal party), 1 tablespoon cranberry apple butter and 1 tablespoon PB. 

HPIM5844

The PB swirl and cranberry apple butter were the stars of the show.

swirl

I am just doing my normal household duties – laundry, dishes, cooking.  You all know what a weirdo I am about other people’s cooking so I am roasting some veggies at the moment to have for eats later on in the day.  I know my mother-in-law will make turkey (I am not the biggest fan of it), stuffing (I absolutely despise it – yuck!!!), green bean casserole (I will not eat that either), baked sweet potatoes (I like my roasted version better – so that is what I am making) and I am sure some kind of bread. The list of things I will consume is short so I will take along my own food.  The holidays for me are not about consuming mass quantities of food, it is a time to be together with my family.  I much rather eat the way I always do because my body appreciates the healthy foods that I put into it.  Years of tummy aches have left this method of eating essential to my well being.

Enjoy your day. 

8 comments:

loveofoats.com said...

great perspective on the holiday!

enjoy your time w/ your family!

VeggieGirl said...

Amaaaaazing run & mess!!

Amen!!! I too believe that the holidays are for enjoying family - not centered around food. Love that we share that outlook!! :-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, SAMMIE!!!

ConsiderEatz! said...

What a fantastic start to your thanksgiving ! Have a great rest of the day- ENJOY!
-Caroline

Meghann said...

Wow great THanksgiving Day run!! Enjoy your time wiht your family!

Charlie said...

Sorry hon, but for me it is about mass quantities of food.

carolinebee said...

haha love your husband's comment! That's so awesome you both enjoy the holiday YOUR way...have a GREAT Turkey day!!

ksgoodeats said...

What a great run! Enjoy the time with your family :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

*Erica* said...

Yay for a great run! Have a great day, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!