Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tea Extravaganza

The weather today is so crummy.  Thankfully I got my run in before it turned to rain.  While I was out it started to spit little ice shards into my eyes – the last 2.5 miles were not the most enjoyable. 

Breakfast today was really early – I was up at 5:45 but managed to hold off eating till 6:30.  I made a yummy bowl of goodies using a tiny banana – it was about the size of my hand. Also in the mix was 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 Weetabix biscuit, Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup cran-apple sauce and a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM5900 HPIM5903 HPIM5904

After my 8 miler I ate a sliced apple and a piece of lite Swiss cheese.

HPIM5907

For lunch today I tried a can of soup from Trader Joe’s.  Usually I avoid canned soups because they are super salty but this one was low sodium so I thought it would be worth a shot.  Well it was delicious – a bit on the sweet side and not at all salty.  It was full of yummy beans, potatoes, veggies and pasta.  I also had a PB & J sandwich on TJ’s Sprout Wheat Bread.

HPIM5908 HPIM5912 HPIM5915

This afternoon I went to Stop & Shop and had my self a tea extravaganza – I have been looking ALL over for these.  AND there were coupons on the display.  I am having the Sugar Cookie flavor with my afternoon snack – it is so yummy (I am glad that I grabbed 2 boxes of this one). 

HPIM5917 HPIM5918 HPIM5919

The snack I am having is 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup TJ’s High Fiber Cereal and a gluten free bar.

 

HPIM5921

My honey is hard at work replacing the door knobs and adding new door sweeps – our house is way too drafty.  It is a nice relaxing Sunday here at my homestead.  I hope you all are enjoying the day as well.

See you after dinner.  I am so thrilled that Desperate Housewives is on tonight – I can’t wait to see what kind of excitement occurs in this episode. 

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ah yes, the weather is terrible here as well - blah!! Us east coasters always get the bad weather conditions.

Loooove your breakfast and lunch!!

There's always bound to be some excitement on Wisteria Lane ;-) Enjoy!!

Sandy said...

I had to make some of your Cranberry sauce with the Apple..it's fantastic!! I've had it with every meal today:)
Enjoy your show tonight!!!

K said...

Gah - the weather is awful here as well!

What a cute baby banana. I'm so disappointed that I still can't find the sugar cookie tea :( Enjoy it!

Have a great night!

Aggie said...

I'm loving Desperate Housewives this season! I'm finally caught up so looking forward to tonight!

Good eats!

Tina said...

Yay, tea! I'm so glad tea season is here again!