Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stuffed Red Pepper

I have been on an experimenting kick lately so I thought that I would try out something for dinner.
First off I did have some grapes and a Z Bar as an afternoon snack.

I purchased this spread at TJ's and really wanted to incorporate it into my dinner.

I came up with a stuffed pepper recipe using the spread, spinach and oatmeal - yes oatmeal makes an appearance again.
Here is my recipe:
1 large red pepper
1/4 cup dry oatmeal cooked 1/2 cup with water
1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach
2 tablespoons Red Pepper spread
shredded cheese (I used about a tablespoon)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut pepper in half and remove the seeds. Spray pepper with nonstick spray and roast in the oven till soft. Combine oats, spinach & spread in a small bowl. When peppers are cooked fill with oat/spinach mixture. Return peppers to the oven and cook 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese and put back in oven to let the cheese melt. These were so delicious. The filling was super creamy and really comforting. I just love the way the peppers look - a very eye appealing meal.

For some protein I had 1/2 cup cottage cheese but of course I couldn't eat it alone. I tossed in Cinnamon Puffins and this was during our nut butter tasting so I sampled the Butter Toffee and Chocolate Sunflower Seed in my concoction.

My huz will occasionally buy a single beer from TJ's so I decided to pick him up one to try. It sounded good to me - I am a non beer drinker. I know this is not a true beer but it sounded interesting and I knew Charlie would think so too. I had maybe 3 sips of it - I NEVER drink - and the 3 sips was plenty. This was actually really good - very smooth and sweet.

I need to get to bed - D and I have work in the AM. I am going to hit the gym solo before we need to head back there for our babysitting shift.
I hope you had a great day. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Love the stuffed peppers!! And the nut-butters in your previous post look divine.

runningwithfood.com said...

Wow - your peppers look wonderful! What a great idea to incorporate oatmeal! Love it! :)