Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Stripe on His Belt

Hello all - I hope your Saturday is going well. My day didn't start out as I had hoped - it was still drizzling and the ground was very wet when I got up around 5:30, so I used my WaterRower instead. Before I hopped on I ate a banana.

Once I was showered it was time for a decent breakfast. I mixed 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup Kashi GoLean, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon drizzle of Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB.

We had to hit the road early this morning to get D to Karate for 9. He earned himself a yellow stripe on his belt today - he is quite proud of his accomplishment so are mommy & daddy.

For lunch I mixed canned tuna, left over cooked onions & peppers, a tablespoon of hummus and 1/4 cup chic peas - what a great combo of flavors.

I also toasted a piece of whole wheat bread then topped it with lite cheddar cheese and then broiled it till the cheese was melted and gooey. I ended the meal with a Kashi PB Granola Bar. I love these bars - they are crunchy, chewy and sweet.

We are hanging out at the homestead with no real plan for the day. I think we are all in a take it easy kind of mode.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Yayyy D!

Enjoy your day of relaxing. We're doing the same!

VeggieGirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO D!!!!!! Quite an accomplishment!!

Loooove the mess (surprise, surprise).

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!

loveofoats.com said...

yummy looking mess!

enjoy your day at home!

runningwithfood said...

Yeah for D!!! That's awesome!