Monday, November 17, 2008

Still Not Ripe

This morning I really wanted to add a banana to my bowl of goodness but the bunch I bought at Trader Joe's on Friday is still not ripe - they were really green when I bought them. I miss that creaminess from the banana.
Even though my breakfast was missing the banana my mess was still delicious. I mixed 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup butternut squash, Nature's Path Synergy Flakes, Cinnamon Puffins, 1/2 a tablespoon each of Vanilla Almond Butter & Sunflower Seed Butter then I drizzled cranberry apple butter over the top - yum, yum!!!!

It is so sunny outside today - what a nice start to the week. We sure did have a stretch of gloomy days.
D and I are off to the gym this morning - back to the normal routine. I am not sure what the rest of the day will entail - maybe we can get outside and enjoy some fresh air.
I hope you have a great start to your week - Happy Monday.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I eat bananas slightly green, since they're less starchy, so I'll accept your green bananas!!! :-D

Good luck today!!

Sammie said...

VeggieGirl,
Maybe I will give one a try and see how it is.

Erica said...

Happy Monday to you too! I hate when bananas aren't ready yet! Such a pain!

runningwithfood.com said...

Waiting on a banana to ripen is like waiting for water to boil ... it takes forever!!

I've read that you can speed up the process by placing them in a paper bag with an apple.

Have a great Monday! Glad the sun is back!

ksgoodeats said...

I've heard the same paper bag thing as Runningwithfood. Maybe that'll work?

Happy Monday to you too!

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

I have heard what runningwithfood.com says, paper bags do help indeed

Sammie said...

Thanks for the tip.