Monday, November 3, 2008

Starting Off Great

I was up and at the gym at 5 Am - getting my day started early. Charlie & I have dentist appointments this morning so I wanted to get my workout in before it is time to leave. I feel so energized and refreshed. Before my workout I had a banana - I really don't like to eat that early but my tummy was really growling - this was just going to have to do for the time being.

After my super workout I headed to Stop & Shop - we never made it to the grocery store this weekend. I picked up a bunch of necessitates and a few new things to try. I have been craving grapes but I tend to get a belly ache if I eat too many which is very easy to do. I couldn't resist besides my honey will help me eat them - if I am lucky D too - that might be a long shot. I had a nice bowl of them with my breakfast.
I also bought a seasonal flavor Clif Bar - Pear Apple Strudel - it sounded interesting. I don't usually buy these bars because they have a lot of calories per bar but I figured that as an afternoon snack it might work well and I can always just have half. I ran out of PB so I restocked with a Peanut Butter & Co. flavor - White Chocolate Wonderful. I am pretty sure I have tried it before but I can not remember the taste - I am almost positive that it will be delicious.

I decided to pick up a box of granola, seeing as I tend to make the worst tasting granola. I didn't want any with nuts or dried fruit - my system has a hard time digesting those ingredients. I found a box of Cascadian Farm Maple Brown Sugar which does not contain any of the said bellyachers. The maple smell is so amazing and I love the flavor. I topped 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup pumpkin with 2/3 cup granola - a new breakfast treat.

I am gong to make myself another cup of tea and catch up on my AM bloggers. I have officially kicked the coffee habit (it has been over 2 weeks). I think the caffeine in coffee makes me irritable and shaky. I will drink decaf which seems to not effect me negatively at all. I am so fine with not having the coffee because there are so many wonderful teas out there.
Enjoy your morning - Happy Monday.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, off to a great (and delectable) start, indeed!! Enjoy the rest of your Monday morning, Sammie!!

HeatherBakes said...

So true about the grapes- I'll eat an entire bunch without thinking about it, but they're SO good.

Great job on kicking the coffee habit!

Erica said...

Good for you about the coffee! I have kicked most of my bad habits but I just <3 my coffee!