Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Saturday that feels like Sunday

I think it must be from the holiday – today feels like a Sunday to me.  D had karate this morning and while we were there I got to chat with my sissy.  I think she and I might try to go Christmas shopping later tonight after the kiddies are in bed. 

I went for an 8 miler this morning and I felt great the whole time.  As soon as I stopped though my head filled up with disgusting mucus – sorry to be so yucky.  Why is it that I feel wonderful during exercise but then I feel like dung when I stop????  At least I made it through my run without any issues. 

Before I left I made a mini mess – 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a banana, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1/3 cup Cinnamon Puffins, cranberry apple butter and 1/2 a tablespoon PB.

HPIM5887

 

After my run I ate a Kashi Waffle and an egg. I cooked the egg in the microwave and it turned out pretty good – it was actually nice and fluffy.

 

HPIM5889

 

When we got home from karate I had to eat a snack.  I sliced an apple and ate it with a piece of Swiss cheese. 

 

HPIM5892

 

For lunch today I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/4 cup cran-apple sauce and cinnamon.

 

HPIM5893

 

Plus I had a roasted acorn squash (sprinkled with cinnamon) and a PB & Jelly sandwich on TJ’s Sprouted Wheat Bread.

 

HPIM5894

 

We are off to Home Depot – lots of little jobs to do around the house today, like replace a few door knobs that are probably older than I am.  When you are not sure if the door is locked that means it is time to get a new one. 

Enjoy your afternoon. 

7 comments:

Erica said...

Good eats thus far! Have fun if you end up going Christmas shopping tonight!

magpie said...

I love how it feels like a Sunday but we still have one more day of the weekend!

Have fun shopping :)

VeggieGirl said...

Today DEFINITELY feels like a Sunday - the holidays always mess up the days for me.

Great run!! But boo to STILL feeling blah - hope you get well soon!! Hang in there!!

I just got back from Trader Joe's, and I totally thought of you when I was there, since you go there a lot, haha :-D

Sammie said...

VeggieGirl,
I hope you got lots of yummies at TJ's.

VeggieGirl said...

Oooooh yes I did :-)

K said...

I agree - it does feel like a Sunday! I used to be the same way when I was training, while I was doing an activity I felt great but once I stopped it was bad news!

Have fun shopping tonight if you two decide to go :)

HangryPants said...

congrats on the 8 miles! Sorry about the mucus.