Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Salad Flatbread

D and I had some fun outside this afternoon. First I had to comb the grounds for any "presents" Otto left us. I ended up having to give the whole back of the yard a raking - it was quite a mess out there. We ran around battling monsters and bad guys with our Nano Blasters which are these really cool guns that light up when you press the trigger. We ended up continuing our battle inside with the lights out and squished inside a kiddie tent - it got a bit warm in there.
I had to stop and throw a snack in my mouth because my tummy was growling. I mixed 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and TJ's High Fiber cereal. D actually asked for a carrot - he ate the whole thing, yay!!!

Dinner tonight was a flatbread made from 1/2 a whole wheat pita. I topped mine with salad fixins - lettuce, spinach, summer squash, Applegate Farms Roasted Turkey, shredded cheese and a drizzle of Maple Grove Farms dressing. I cooked them on a pizza stone which makes the "crust" super crispy.

I took the other pita 1/2, spread it with Naturally Nutty Chocolate Sunflower Seed butter, a banana and a sprinkle of granola. The soft banana and crunchy granola was quite pleasing plus it tasted amazing.

It was so nice to have so many choices of nut butters when I was making my meals today. Can you tell I am having fun with my Naturally Nutty stash? Charlie made his lunch sandwich with the Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter and he thought it made a pretty good SB & J.
I haven't had the opportunity to attend a Turbo class for quite some time. It is more important that I watch D's karate session and I find it hard to make the weekday evening class. I have been really missing it so I threw in my DVD tonight and Jammed away :) Mommy got her groove on!!!
Time to kick back and relax - maybe get a few pages read. I hope you all had a great day. See you in the AM.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So glad that you had a fun day!!

Oh my, that Naturally Nutty Chocolate-Sunflower-Seed-Butter sounds incredible - especially with the banana & granola!!

Anonymous said...

hi .. just wondering what food you sut out of your diet to get great skin?

Erica said...

How fun! Glad you enjoyed your time with D! That pita with the nut butter looks wayyy yummy!

Sammie said...

I only eat dairy that does not come from cows treated with growth hormones. I didn't have to eliminate a particular food just the junk that they put into it. Are you having a problem with your skin?

polly said...

hi Sammie!
I gave you a 'shout out' on my food blog if you want to check it out. ;)

I ate that little bit of chex and wallah... blisters on my skin (rash like I always get when I eat a food that I have an intolerance to) and so anyway, I feel your pain with skin issues. Your skin is beautiful now!

Sammie said...

Polly,
Thanks for the advertisement :)