Sunday, November 9, 2008

Roasted

Another Sunday has come and gone - I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. This afternoon me and my guys hung out at home which is always nice. D did some watercolor painting and had many battles with Daddy.
I of course did laundry and some cooking. My snack this afternoon consisted of a sliced Cortland apple and ...........

1/2 cup greek yogurt, TJ's High Fiber cereal, Kashi Heart 2 Heart and a tablespoon of White Chocolate Wonderful PB.

Tonight we went to my sister-in-law's house to celebrate my mother-in-law's b-day. I of course packed my dinner. This afternoon I had a big roasting fest which included a sweet potato, purple top turnips and an acorn squash. For dinner I packed the sweet potato "chips", 1/2 the acorn squash (I sliced it prior to roasting and it came out dynamite - I even ate the skin it was so soft) and some of the turnips rounds. All these veggies were so unbelievably delicious - I LOVE VEGGIES!!!!

For some protein I packed 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

I included some crunch too - this Kashi Bar made its way into my cottage cheese.

My little man is off to dreamland and I am waiting for Desperate Housewives to start. I just made a cup of this tea.

Which I plan to sip while enjoying a Z Bar.

I am off to relax - enjoy your night.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

OOOH, those roasted vegetables look amazing - yum!!

Enjoy your evening!!

Erica said...

Those vegis look beautiful! That is so good of you to pack your own food when you travel to others houses! You never know what they're going to have! Enjoy your show :)

loveofoats.com said...

that tea sounds amazing! i have to look for it :)

hk said...

talk about an ideal dinner in my book :) love it~

balance, joy and food! said...

Love roasted/grilled veggies....they become so sweet. The only inconvenience is that it takes so long to make them. Do you have any good tips to make it faster?

Sammie said...

Balance,joy&food,
I roasted my veg for over an hour - sorry no speedy tips here. I managed to get the veg in the oven in the late afternoon so they were waiting to be eaten at dinner. Plus I made extra - nothing wrong with leftovers.