Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Plot Thickens

Last night my honey & I enjoyed 2 episodes of i Claudius. As the plot thickens I find myself wanting to watch more & more. It is a pretty odd series - due to the acting style - but I am actually enjoying it. At around 9:30 I found it very hard to keep my eyes open - my heated bed was waiting for me.
We made ourselves something to snack on while watching TV - my honey had Brigham's Dice-Kream ice cream and I made a healthy yet super delicious dessert. On the bottom of my bowl was 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt, then I sliced a banana and arranged it around the yogurt. Next I drizzled on a little homemade chocolate sauce. I placed a Chocolate VitaTop on top of the yogurt, added Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB and the rest of the chocolate sauce. It was by far one of my best concoctions yet. And it didn't sit like a ball of led in my tummy like some heavy desserts tend to do.

I was up at 6 this morning - Charlie was talking in his sleep so I couldn't fall back to sleep once awake. Plus our little man crawled in bed with us (he does this every night and I can't help but let him snuggle). He started talking too - I think the 2 of them were having a conversation in their sleep. I had to get out of there - a nice warm cup of tea was sounding good.
After sipping my tea for a bit I decided to mix up my morning fuel. Into the bowl went 1/2 cup cottage cheese, a banana, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1 tablespoon cranberry apple butter and 1/2 tablespoon each White Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter and Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter. I ate breakfast much earlier than usual so I hope that it stays with me long enough to make it through a run - I just couldn't wait to eat my bowl of goodness this morning - it was so yummy.

Time to get the day started - Happy Tuesday.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Dessert looks good! I love vitas- I haven't had one in forever! That is so funny that the husband and D were chatting in their sleep! Too cute :) Happy Tuesday to you too!

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you're all enjoying the program!!

LUSCIOUS DESSERT & MESS!!!!

Happy Tuesday, Sammie!!

Sammie said...

Erica,
It is cute but mommy always seems to get pushed out of bed - I need my own room :)
Have a great day!!!

ksgoodeats said...

Both of those bowls look nothing short of amazing!

Have a great Tuesday :)