Friday, November 7, 2008

Pizza Night

Tonight was pizza night at my house. This afternoon I made this pizza dough. I let it rise most of the afternoon and it was ready to be shaped into individual pizza's for dinner. My guys and I like thin crust pizza so I rolled and hand stretched the dough as thin as I could get it.

D had plain cheese - he actually ate half of this which is a decent amount for him.

I sautéed onion and red pepper in chicken stock to use as a topping for mine and Charlie's pizzas. His also had sausage and mozzarella cheese.

Instead of tomato sauce I used TJ's Red Pepper spread then topped my pizza with lots of veggies. I used whatever veggie I could get my hands on - green beans, broccoli and the cooked onion & red pepper. I decided to go with a non-cheese pizza tonight.

My homemade crust was amazing - paper thin and ultra crispy. I used a pizza stone which really helps achieve that great crunch. This was so healthy and one of the best tasting pizzas I have made. I really think my favorite pizzas are the ones I make at home. The crust totally makes this pizza superb.

For dessert I thawed 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, then topped them with plain greek yogurt (less than 1/2 cup) and almonds. Now that is a beauty!!! I love how the berry juice swirls through the yogurt.

I did have a Z Bar and almonds this afternoon. I am trying to add nuts back into my diet. I eliminated them and dried fruit for a while to let my system heal. I think the dried fruit is a definite no-no but I am hoping the nuts will be tolerable. I'll just have to wait and see how I respond.

I am watching Martha Stewart's vacation to the Yucatan Peninsula - what a gorgeous place. I hope someday I get the chance to travel and experience the art that other countries have to offer.
I am planning an early AM run tomorrow then we are off to Karate. My huz took Monday off so we have him home with us for 4 whole days, woo hoo!!! D is thrilled.
I hope you all had a great day and are enjoying this fine Friday evening. I am off to slice an apple -believe it or not I need a snack - that's my speedy metabolism for you.
Good night.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

PIZZA PIZZA!!! Of course I'm partial to the vegetable-filled one :-D

I'm obsessed with raw almonds - eat 'em almost everyday :-) Hope they don't bother your system!!

Have a lovely evening, Sammie!!

balance, joy and food! said...

hahha.....you're having my favorite dessert now...fage + blueberroes.

Erica said...

That pizza looks great !I love thin crust! I am not a thick crust kind of girl! Good job D on the eating! Have fun tomorrow.

wholefoodswholeme said...

loving those pizzas!! thin crust all the way :D

strongandhealthy said...

Your pizza looks great! My favorite is thin crust too because you get to taste more of the goodies on top!

Aggie said...

Your pizza looks fantastic! I'll have to try out that dough. Also, ever since I saw this post the other day I've been having my own yogurt/blueberry/sliced almonds dessert each night ... thanks for the idea! I needed something to satisfy my sweet tooth at night!