Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pita Pizza Eater

This afternoon I had to try to come up with pizza per D's request - mind you he had already eaten lunch. His afternoon snack ended up being 2 pita pizzas. I couldn't believe it when he asked me for a second one. He really likes his mommy's homemade sauce :) The pita pizza is a perfect size meal for kiddies - even if they need more than one.

You can see the joy on is face devouring pizza #2.

I snacked on a plum around 2 o'clock, while he ate his pizzas.

Around 3:45 I needed another snack. I had 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup TJ's High Fiber cereal, a tablespoon cranberry apple butter and a tablespoon Butter Toffee PB - my jar is almost empty :(

For dinner tonight I roasted an acorn squash then stuffed it with cottage cheese then sprinkled on cinnamon. The squash was so sweet and delicious - heaven!!!

I also topped a Sandwich Thin with apple slices and shredded cheese then placed them on a very hot pizza stone (my oven was at 400 degrees). The pizza stone really makes the "crust" extra crispy. I love apples & cheese.

I ate the rest of the apple on the side.

My honey got a treat for dinner tonight. I made him a lasagna with my homemade sauce, one of my homemade meatballs, lots of cheese (mozzarella, provolone, Monterey Jack & cheddar) and hardboiled egg slices. My Memere used to place hard boiled egg slices in the layers of her lasagna - this was a tribute to her fine cooking - she really was a great cook. Charlie ate half the pan - I guess you could say he liked it.
D's dinner request - another pita pizza. That's right he ate a third pizza - can I count the tomato sauce as a veg?

Well tonight my plan is to relax with a warm cup of tea and maybe a Z Bar - I love the Chocolate Brownie one. I have to babysit tomorrow so I am planning a EARLY workout - hopefully I can get to bed early. Time to round up the guys and get my little pizza fiend into bed.

I will leave you with this photo of my clown - he was acting like a coo coo for the camera this afternoon. He likes to see his crazy faces on the computer - he did request for me to blog him.

Have a great night.

7 comments:

strongandhealthy said...

Your son is so cute! What a great squash and cottage cheese combo!

VeggieGirl said...

MMM, MMM, MMM!!! Love the eats.

Cute D!! :-D

Erica said...

Lasagna and pita pizza? You're the best wife/mom ever! Everything looks fabulous! I love the idea of stuffed squash! I have to try that!

Aggie said...

Your little boy is such a cutie!! I always count the tomato sauce as a veg! ;)

ConsiderEatz! said...

Cutest pics of your little one! What a lucky little fella he is with all that delicious food you cook up! :)
-Caroline

runningwithfood.com said...

I'm with D ... the pizza looks great!! :) Love pizza!

Your apple/cheese combo is brilliant!

Meghann said...

Your little D is adorable!!! I just want to give him a big hug :)

That's interesting about the hard boiled eggs going into the lasagna. I will have to experiment with that.