Monday, November 10, 2008

Petite Bran Muffins

I was in the mood to bake some muffins today so I came up with a recipe for Petite Bran Muffins. I have a box of Ener-G Egg replacer that I bought a while ago and have been wanting to use up - it made an appearance in today's experiment.
Here is my recipe:
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup unprocessed wheat bran
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tsp Ener-G egg Replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
3/4 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon veg. oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
pumpkin pie spice to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a fork till just combined. Evenly distribute batter in the muffin pan. Bake till browned and a toothpick comes out clean - about 15 minutes.
Petite muffins indeed!

I ate one of my muffins with lunch along with 2 toasted Ryvita crackers with melted swiss cheese and roasted turnip rounds.

For protein I mixed 1 hard boiled egg + a hard boiled egg white with TJ's Roasted Red Pepper spread.

I ended the meal on a sweet note with a Kashi granola bar.

I got D to sample a muffin. Even though he finished the whole thing I am not sure he was that keen on it. They are not sweet - definitely a "healthy" tasting muffin.
Have a great afternoon.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

YUM MUFFINS!

magpie said...

I like the way healthy baked goods taste :) I've taught Bobby to love them too, maybe growing up with them will make D appreciate them!