Sunday, November 16, 2008

Perfect

Happy Sunday Blogland!!! Since I got so much accomplished at home yesterday, today should be a little less crazy - of course there is always laundry & dishes to be done.
Last night my dessert turned out perfect - 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt, a Chocolate VitaTop and my homemade chocolate sauce (1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp agave nectar & 1 tsp warm water). My honey & I watched 2 episodes of i Claudius - he has seen the series before but is willing to watch it again. The acting is very much like theater acting - much different than what I am used to. I really got into the plot - it seems quite devious.

When I went to TJ's on Friday I picked up a can of organic butternut squash - just like canned pumpkin. I tried it in my mess this morning - it was very tasty - I love the natural sweetness of squash. My concoction also included 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1 tablespoon cranberry apple butter and 1 tablespoon Butter Toffee PB. This bowl of goodness was thick, creamy and satisfying. I am fully prepared for a nice run in a little while.

I would love to venture outside for a run. If it is finished raining that is just what I will be doing, if not I am going to go to the gym and use the treadmill - my legs are just itching to run.
Enjoy your Sunday!!

4 comments:

hk said...

yum! i love the looks of dessert and your breaky bowl!! looks perfect for morning fuel :)

I'm working at the gym this morning, so I had to miss my mess, but I may just have to recreate yours for lunch when I'm done at Healthworks!

I was up with the sun to squeeze in an outdoor run before my HW shift- a little rain, but nothing terrible

Sammie said...

hk,
Enjoy your shift at HW - it sounds like an awesome gym. I hope you get a chance to enjoy a "mess" today. They are so delicious - I have a hard time not making them for every meal.
Happy Sunday! Do you have a blog or are you just a reader?

ksgoodeats said...

Your dessert looks SO decadent!

Have a great Sunday!

VeggieGirl said...

GORRRRGEOUS dessert and morning mess - ooh la la!!

Happy Sunday, Sammie!!