Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Perfect Portion Indeed

This afternoon I did not manage to take a snooze - almost impossible with the little man wanting my attention. We did some coloring and played on the computer - at least our activities were easy on mommy.
I had to have my snack earlier than usual today - probably because lunch was early. I had 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart and a tablespoon Butter Toffee PB.

As soon as I read Meghann's recipe for Perfectly Portioned Lentil Shepherds Pie, I knew that I had to make it. I only had black beans on hand so I used 1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans in place of the 3/4 cup Lentils. I also did not top my perfect portion with cheese.

I opted to melt lite cheddar cheese on Ryvita crackers. The Shepherds Pie was awesome - she obviously knows what she's doing in the kitchen. Thank you Meghann for such an amazing dinner - it was definitely a comforting meal.

For dessert I had a chocolate & PB drizzled banana. I used the Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB yet again - this stuff is so tasty. For the chocolate I made the "sauce" by mixing 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp agave nectar and 1 tsp warm water. Having to avoid chocolate that is made with milk solids has really decreased my chocolate consumption these days so this sauce really hit my chocolate spot. I do like dark chocolate which usually is made without milk solids but then I have the issues with my tongue to deal with - chocolate bars are not my friends. This combo however was delicious. I will have to make this sauce again - maybe drizzled into yogurt :) Would I be a bad influence to D if I ate chocolate for breakfast????

I am crawling into bed as soon as my little monkey is fast asleep. I feel bad crashing out on my honey so early tonight but that warm bed of mine is just what mommy is craving. I better be able to sleep until at least 6:30 tomorrow because Friday is going to be another early morning for me - it's a cleaning day.
I hope you have a great evening. See you all in the AM.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, glad that D made the activities easy for ya :-)

Mmm, Shepherd's Pie!! Classic comfort food. And.... love the messes!! :-D

Good night!!

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

no guilt for sleep!! goodnight see you tomorrow!

Erica said...

Glad you're getting into bed early tonight doll! Get some rest! That perfect portion looks great! I have it on my list of to makes!

Martin Family said...

ummm...that chocloate creation sounds divine! I love anything PB banana & chololate! I found your blog through KathEats, its awesome! I recently started a blog of my own in hope to change my self and inspire others to think differently about food, 'diets' and the their body image. I look forward to following your blog! :)
Jennifer

Meghann said...

When I saw your comment on my blog I started jumping up and down. I LOVE to hear when others have tried my recipes and it works for them. I am so glad you enjoyed it! And I hope you enjoy your mini pan, I actually use mine quite regulary for anything that needs to be a single portion. I have even done an individual apple crisp before! :)

HangryPants said...

That sheppard's pie looks delicious.

Get some good rest!

Heather

runjen said...

Your dessert looks absolutely delish!! Sleep tight!