Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oats x2

Believe it or not I was able to get my butt in gear at 5:45 AM and venture out into the great outdoors for a glorious 6 mile run. It was not as cold as I thought it would be but it was dark :( I carried a flashlight - who knows what I could possibly step on, yuck! It still wasn't light out when I returned home - I am so looking forward to turning the clocks back tonight.
My breakfast was oatmeal - I still can't get over how long this stuff stays with me. I am wondering why I took so long to try this combo - well it is here to stay. I cooked 1/4 cup oats with water (I use less water so that the oats are THICK). Then I mixed in cottage cheese, 1/2 a banana, pumpkin, Cinnamon Puffins, cranberry apple butter and sunflower seed butter.

This morning D had karate - I'm noticing some improvement. He just needs to stop being so goofy - he got a time out.

For lunch I experimented with the oats again. I mixed 1/4 cup oats, an egg white and a little more than 1/4 cup water - nuked it till it looked good and done. I topped the oats with a bit of shredded cheese and a Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger. It was delish! Charlie gave it some funny looks but he knows that I eat some pretty weirdo combinations.

Lunch is not complete without some yogurt so I combined 1/2 cup TJ's Greek yogurt, Kashi GoLean, a plum and sunflower seed butter.

My dad surprised me with a quick visit today - I NEVER see him. D was excited to see Pepe Bob too. The visit was short but hey, better than nothing.
I cleaned the downstairs of the house - it smells so nice and sanitized now. We are having friends over so I want the place to look decent. The plan is to go out to diner at Red Robin - not my ideal joint. The guys are of course looking forward to a nice burger but I am not sure what I will order. They do have salad but we all know that would never hold me over for more than an hour. It will be nice to see everyone and D just loves hanging out with my huz's friends - he feels like one of the big boys.
Well enjoy the rest of the afternoon - I will report on the events that take place at RR later tonight. See you then.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, so lovely about your dad making a surprise visit!! :0)

Just read your previous post - what a fun Halloween night!

Erica said...

I can't wait to turn the clocks back! I want it to be light when I leave my house in the morning for work (or at least some what light)!! Hope you have fun at dinner!!

magpie said...

Your run sounds great - I'm always nervous to go running when it's still dark out though. Bobby thinks I eat weird things sometimes too - but I love the sound of your lunch.

Have a great night!