Friday, November 7, 2008

Making My Mouth Happy

I wish that I could report some "sunny news" but it is still such a dreary day. It really is kind of a downer. D and I went to the gym and I quite enjoyed my workout. I used the Stepmill today and an old buddy of mine just happen to be next to me. I haven't seen her in while so we chatted it up for a good 30 minutes. D and her daughter used to play all the time but we haven't gotten the kiddies together for a while since her little one goes to preschool 3 days a week. It was nice to catch up with her.
I made myself a turkey & hummus sandwich on 1/2 a whole wheat pita with lots and lots of lettuce - it adds that much needed crunch.

I also did another cereal mixing - 1/2 cup Kashi GoLean, 1/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart and 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins. I tossed all that with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup summer squash, a chopped pear (adds a nice touch of natural sweetness) and a swirl of Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB. All that goodness made my mouth happy.

That's is all I have for now - sorry the blah day is seeping into my blog - I need some excitement.
Enjoy your afternoon.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Yeah, the sun went away here a few hours ago, so now it's dreary here too :0( We gotta stay upbeat!!

Sarah said...

Doing something surprising with my girls and watching their reactions perks me up (ie pull all the cushions of the chairs and couches and put them in the middle of the floor and have a pillow party! OR do an art project with leaves or making turkeys and let D get all messy with glue, glitter, etc...). Just a thought! Hope you get out of your funk!

polly said...

Hey Sammie!
Thanks for the reminder that you gave up hormone filled dairy. I wonder if my skin issue really is from hormones and non-organic dairy like fage? Either way, I am really trying to stay off dairy comletely. (I make it two weeks, then cave with greek yogurt) but anyway, I love that you stick to what you know you can have.

I am in love with almond butter and your messes truly inspire me even if the base is not yogurt for me! Hope your weather gets better, sweetie! Where are you located? Up here in Indiana we had sunshine and 60's, but tomorrow here comes the rain/flurries and highs in the 40s!!!

polly said...

oops! I just saw you are from MA.

Sammie said...

Polly,
It took me so long to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. I am never tempted to go back to the way I used to look - I felt so ugly and my skin actually hurt. It makes me feel great to nourish my body with healthy foods. Good luck figuring out what works for you - I am happy to help you in any way I can.

Erin of Care to Eat said...

Mmm...that bowl does sound good. I'm sorry the weather is making you a little boo hoo!