Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Look Honey - Brussels Sprouts - MMMMMM!!!!!

My run today went well - my tummy stayed satisfied through the whole 7 miler which I managed to complete it 58:50 - not bad for a treadmill run. For some reason D has been fighting with one of his buddies and today he had to get a time-out. I guess they pretend battle and they get a little carried away. The sitters said that his behavior is normal boy behavior so I shouldn't be too worried - I just don't want to have a little scrapper.
When I got home I dug into this bad boy - I am finding that a snack post-workout gives me some time to clean-up and make a decent lunch for myself without feeling like I am going to keel over from starvation. I went for something a little more carby due to the longer run and I needed time to cook my lunch. I liked this flavor but the Chocolate Chip one tastes way better.


I am not a huge an of packaged meals but I was in the mood for something different the other day when I was grocery shopping. I snagged an Amy's Burrito which has decent nutrition facts and soy free - too much soy in one day is not good for my belly. The Clif Bar was probably enough for me.

This thing cooks up in like 3 1/2 minutes in the microwave - perfect for mommy :) I ate this delicious, warm and filling delight with 1/4 cup cottage cheese and salsa. Thank you Amy - this was a great lunch - I must buy more the next time I go shopping. After the photo was taken I had to add Frank's for a little more heat - it tasted so good!!!!

On the side I had roasted brussels sprouts and zucchini sticks. The sprouts came from my freezer - I threw them on the silpat baking mat and roasted them for 45 minutes. Look honey I made your favorite veggie :) My huz will eat just about anything as long as he is not allergic to it, but brussels sprouts are a no-no. His list of foods that he doesn't like is very small which is a good thing for me - I can basically whip up anything and he will eat it.

I finished my spicy meal with a spicy chocolate wedge.

Now with a full tummy I must go entertain my child - who just asked me for some pizza - he is a bottomless pit.
Have a great afternoon.

7 comments:

Charlie said...

Brussels sprouts . . . I guess I'd eat them before cow pies. Maybe.

Sammie said...

Oh honey - you always make me laugh!!!

Aggie said...

I actually love brussel sprouts, especially roasted!

Meghann said...

I LOVE brussel sprouts. I could never understand why everyone is so scared of them? They're especially great roaste din the oven, yum!

VeggieGirl said...

Great run!!


Brussels sprouts = obsession. I have a t-shirt that says, "Powered By Brussels Sprouts" :-)

HeatherBakes said...

Amy's burritos are the BEST. And so are roasted brussels sprouts, for that matter... much better than cow pies.

Charlie said...

I'm not scared of them - I just think they taste like lawn mower clippings!