Monday, November 3, 2008

He's all for Savory Oats

Today has been another low key day. I have nothing exciting to dish out other than I ran laps around my dining room table chasing after monsters and pretending to be the female character from InuYasha. D has seen the show once - not something mommy will ever let him watch again - let's just say the language is not kid friendly.
I did try the Pear Apple Strudel Clif Bar this afternoon for a snack - I only ate half. It was really sweet and pretty darn tasty.

I convinced my huz to give a bowl of savory oats a try. For his dinner I cooked 1/2 cup oats with water in the microwave (no explosion). When the oats were done I topped them with shredded cheese a Dr. Praeger's sweet potato patty and an over easy egg. He's a fan - I just need to work on more seasoning for the oats next time.

For my dinner I made a 3 egg white omelet stuffed with spinach and broccoli then drizzled with Frank's Red Hot.

I needed a bowl of goodies - it hit the spot. I mixed cottage cheese, unsweetened applesauce, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins and White Chocolate Wonderful PB - mmmmmmm!!!!

I am starting to feel the effects of getting up at 4:30 this morning. I think tonight is a good night to snuggle under my heated blanket with my new book.
Time to get my little monster ready for bed. Have a great night.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

YUM!!!

Hope you're able to get enough rest tonight!!

Erica said...

dinner looks yummy. Love breakfast for dinner! Enjoy your relaxation!

misstiffie said...

OOO i love savory oats for dinner :] Your omelette looks amazing too... I was craving broccoli tonite but after finishing off all my leftover soup I was too stuffed to steam some up... tomorrow :]

Hehehe, I need that bowl of goodies for my dessert :] Hopefully I'll be hungry before eI go to bed tonite to whip something similar up

MizFit said...

me too!!

and the other night I made that seemingly benign remark and my MIL ridiculed me.

;)

runningwithfood.com said...

Both of your dinners look great and as always, your "mess" looks fantastic!!