Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hanging In There

I thought I would let you all know that Stripy is still hanging in there. His behavior is still odd but then again I haven't ever owned a hermit crab before so it is all new to me. At least he is still alive.

I did venture out into the deep freeze this morning. I managed to do 8 miles in 63 minutes - I guess the cold made me faster.
Before we left to take D to karate I toasted a Kashi blueberry waffle and topped it with 1/4 cup pumpkin and the last 1/2 a tablespoon of my Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB - so sad, it is my favorite.


This was a really good pick me up after my run. The flavor didn't disappoint either.


After karate we had to run to Target - we needed some household items - laundry soap, dishwasher detergent, fabric softener - that sort of stuff.

Once I was home it was lunch ASAP. I got a sweet potato roasting in the oven (an acorn squash kept it company - you will see that guy later). The sweet potato came out delicious as always - not as crunchy as I usually make it but I was really hungry.

While the sweet potato baked I ate an open face roasted turkey, swiss and TJ's Red Pepper spread sandwich on an Arnold's Sandwich Thin. I toasted it in my toaster oven for few to let the bread get nice and crispy and the cheese all melty and gooey.

I finished the meal with a little bowl of crunchy goodness - 3/4 cup Puffins (original flavor - see how tiny these are) and 1/2 an ounce of roasted/unsalted almonds.


Also this afternoon, I have managed to vacuum and bake 2 Lemon Pound Cakes per my honey's request. I am a day late but at least I came through. One of his co-workers is a huge fan of lemon desserts so there is plenty to share.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend - I am off to tackle some laundry.
See you after dinner.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hope Stripy stays well!!

Love the sweet potatoes!!!

Have a lovely afternoon!! Good luck with the laundry :-)

loveofoats.com said...

great run in the cold!!!

i hope stripy hangs in there :)

Erica said...

mmm lemon pound cake? I bet that would be just amazing with coffee or tea! Again, you are such a fab wife. Great job on the running! You inspire me!