Monday, November 24, 2008

Freaked Out

When I got home from the gym this morning my front door was open.  Not unlocked – the door was literally open.  Thank goodness it was only open a tiny crack so it wasn’t that obvious.  I was still a bit freaked out as I scoped the house for any signs of a visitor.  When Charlie shut the door on his way out he must not have pulled it all the way shut. We were all rushing out at the same time so he was probably very distracted.  I feel safe again but it was a little scary at first.

Lunch today was a mish mash of this and that.  I mixed 1/2 cup cottage cheese with TJ’s Red Pepper spread and used it as a dip for summer squash sticks.  

HPIM5766

I also had 2 Ryvita cheesy crackers and a piece of Chocolate Pumpkin Bread topped with a tablespoon of PB.

HPIM5768

Yesterday I bought a bag of cranberries which I have actually never used before.  While I ate lunch I boiled the cranberries in a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.  After cooking, I gave it a taste and decided to add a little more sweetness with a tablespoon of agave nectar.  I was still not completely satisfied after my lunch so I topped 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 1/4 cup cranberry sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  The sauce is pretty tart but I really like it.  I think it will have to make an appearance in my AM mess tomorrow. 

HPIM5772

I’m off to go hang my little man.  See you tonight. 

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

YIKES!! Thank goodness everything is okay!!

Have fun with D!!

magpie said...

That's scary! I am always really freaked out by things like that, and I get really nervous when Bobby goes on business trips overnight.

runningwithfood.com said...

Ohhh - that's really scary! I'm so glad everything's ok!!