Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First for Gluten Free

I tried my first ever gluten free bar this afternoon.  I like to have a variety to choose from and this one looked good so I thought “why not”.  The picture makes it look pretty decadent.

HPIM5828

The bar is not that big but it definitely had that nice soft center.  I really liked it and very glad that I bought the box. 

HPIM5830 HPIM5834

I also had a 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with a cranberry apple butter swirl – how pretty.  Of course I ended up mixing some of the bar into it – another great combo. 

HPIM5832 HPIM5835

For dinner tonight I had another stuffed acorn squash – I am addicted to them.  I roasted it till it was super soft which then melts in my mouth.  I stuffed it with 1/2 cup cottage cheese then sprinkled on cinnamon.  I also had 2 mini whole wheat pitas. I topped one with a tablespoon of PB and cranberry apple butter and the other one I tossed under the broiler to melt a few tablespoons of shredded cheese. 

HPIM5839 

Now that my little man is off to dreamland I am going to enjoy the last 1/2 cup of my Stonyfield Farm Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and a Z Bar.  I will probably eat them separately so that I can have my usual warm cup of tea with the bar.  I love to sip and take tiny bites – I find it soothing and more enjoyable than wolfing the whole thing in three bites. 

HPIM5841

Tomorrow morning I am venturing out for a long run.  The plan is 10 miles but I might add a few extra on if my body is up for it.  I am still piling on the miles for the Challenge which ends Sunday.  So far I am up to 106.68 miles since 11/9.  Unfortunately I have no idea where I stand in the contest.

I hope you enjoy your evening.  I’ll see you all in the AM after I get back from my adventure.  Goodnight. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

Wow! That is awesome that you have fun soooo many miles! Good for you !!

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for gluten-free treats!!! :-D

ksgoodeats said...

That bar looks seriously decadent! Good luck on your run tomorrow!!

magpie said...

Ooo the bar looks really good. Love your dinner - I had acorn squash too :)