Sunday, November 9, 2008

Eat My Dust

It is a fine Sunday here in MA - the sun finally decided to stop by. I was very lucky this morning and managed to sleep until 8 - that is late for me. D had me up at midnight because he needed water - I found it a bit hard to fall back to sleep afterwards thankfully I got some extra zzzzzzzz time.
Breakfast was great - I bought some Nature's Path Synergy flakes yesterday and couldn't wait to add them to my mix. I whipped up a mess with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 3/4 cup Synergy Flakes, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB. The flakes are an awesome addition - gotta love that crunch. I am sure you all read Kath's & Jenna's blogs - it is so great to see their input from the Quaker conference. It is nice to hear that a hearty breakfast is the way to go - I so could not start my day with a cup of yogurt and a piece of fruit - I need MORE!!!

I ventured out for a marvelous run - I did 7 miles in 57:24. Towards the end of my run a young man - I'll guess he was 18 - passed me. My competitive side kicked in and I was able to maintain his pace. Well then we made it to a huge hill - yes my runs always end with this massive hill. I turned up the juice and left the poor thing in my dust. My heart was pounding so fast but I just kept on going - my heart rate monitor read 197 - yikes!!! I turned the corner and the kid was still halfway from the top of the hill. If there is one thing I can do, it is tackle a hill.

After showering I made toasted swiss cheesy Ryvita crackers.


And Sesame Soy Tuna - it was so delish I can't wait to make it again. Here is the recipe that I came up with.
Start by heating a medium skillet then add about 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken stock (you could use veg.). Add a cup of bagged broccoli slaw and cook till softened. Add 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts and 1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots; cook another 5 minutes. Put the veggies in a bowl and add a single serving tuna pouch (mine was 80 calories). Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil over the top. I topped mine with roasted/unsalted peanuts but you can use whatever nut you like. I was in heaven eating this meal - I love sesame oil & a little goes a long way.

I ended with a sweet and chewy Kashi granola bar. Thankfully the dried cherries I ate the other day (in the almond butter) had no negative effect on me so I am going to give these babies a try. There was actually only 3 pieces of dried cherry in the whole bar which for me I think is just enough. It was nice to eat some chocolate and I love that it was dark chocolate.

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. See you all later tonight. It is Desperate Housewives night, yay!!!!

7 comments:

glidingcalm said...

yum! i love cheese melted on rye crisps! DELISH.

happy Sunday Sammie!

hk said...

leavin' him in the dust- you get 'em, girl!! sounds like a great run, and a delish lunch!

VeggieGirl said...

No sun here :-(

Love the mess!! :-D

GRRRREAT run!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!

Erica said...

hahah way to smoke that kid ;) And 7 miles? Great run!

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

I'm tagging you!

strongandhealthy said...

Nice job on your run! I love Desperate Housewives too!!!

danielle said...

Hi
Just wanted to say i realy like this blog.
If you`re interested, also check out this blog, with recepies for realy good dishes and real easy.