Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cranberry Mess

What took me so long to try fresh cranberries????  I am so in love with the sauce I made yesterday – hence it has shown up in every meal since. 

Today’s bowl of goodies is my new favorite, a Cranberry Mess.   In the mix was 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 a small banana, 1/2 cup pumpkin, a Weetabix biscuit, 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart, a tablespoon of PB and 1/4 cup cranberry sauce.  The combination of flavors and textures in this mess was out of control – my mouth was in heaven. 

HPIM5784

It is raining out today and very dark.  I checked the weather for the rest of the week and it looks like the rain they were forecasting for Thursday has been changed to sunny skies.  That is great – I can run outside on Turkey Day.  The gym is open but I would much rather enjoy the great outdoors. 

Me and my side-kick will be heading out in a little while to the gym.  It will be good for him to get out some energy with his buds since today is probably going to be a low key day at our homestead. 

Enjoy your day. 

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oh yes, fresh cranberries are DIVINE!!!

Have fun with D, and be careful in the rain!!

runningwithfood.com said...

I love your homemade cranberry sauce! Normally, cranberry sauces have SO much sugar ... I'm with you - I like it tart!

Have a great day!

ksgoodeats said...

Have fun and hooray for a sunny Thanksgiving!!

HeatherBakes said...

I'm impressed by the homemade cranberry sauce- we always end up with the canned stuff. Maybe I'll give that a shot this year!

You guys have a great day :)