Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cinnamon Spice Chicken

It is FREEZING and I hate it!!! The short walk from my house to the car is torture. I want to wrap up in my heated throw blanket - I don't just own one for my bed - I was given an individual size one too (I am always cold & my family members know it). D doesn't even want socks on - looking a his bare feet makes me shiver.
I was up and at it early today. I ate a Kashi Waffle before heading to the gym - that is 4:41 AM on my clock. I did a great 7 mile run again - same time as yesterday 58:50 - weird, I thought my time would have fluctuated a little.

The real treat came after my workout - I love my morning "mess". I actually wake up excited to throw all the yummies together - look at that bowl of scrumptious goodies. The combo today was 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup pumpkin, 1 Weetabix biscuit, 1 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1 tablespoon cranberry apple butter and a tablespoon Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter.

D and I had a good day at work :) The only issue today was the babysitting room was an icebox - we requested the heat to be turned up but it is controlled by the aerobics room - what sense does that make??? Of course there was a step class going on so they had the heat turned down pretty low :( Next week I am going to wear more layers.
My lunch today was very warm and comforting. I cooked up some chicken that I had marinating in a dry rub of cumin, cinnamon, sweet paprika, nutmeg, turmeric, chili powder and salt. I actually started marinating it yesterday - it was sooooo flavorful. On the side I had zucchini sticks and a tablespoon of hummus.

I also made swiss cheesy toast using a Sandwich Thin - these things are so convenient - they crisp up in no time.

I ended the meal with 3/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart and 1/2 an ounce of roasted/unsalted almonds. The cereal box is getting pretty low and this is D's breakfast every morning - I should probably restock soon.

Tonight my huz has a job to do for a friend after work (he is the go to computer guy) so D and I are on our own this evening. I might pack up dinner and bring it to him plus that would give D a chance to say goodnight to Daddy. I am not sure what to pack for him - he wants to leave the leftover lasagna for tomorrow night. Maybe I will make him an egg sandwich and use waffles as the "bun". I did that for his on the go dinner on Halloween and he really liked it.
I hope you have a great day - you are lucky if you live some place warm. See you tonight after the little man is in dreamland.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

24°F HERE!!! I'm dying.

Hooray for the daily mess, and for a great day at work for you and D :-)

So lovely of you to pack up dinner for your husband later!!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Aggie said...

You are a very dedicated runner getting up that early!!! Wow! And in the cold! Great job!

ksgoodeats said...

I know how you feel about the cold! I'm sitting here wearing FIVE shirts haha.

I really admire how dedicated you are to running!

HangryPants said...

It's sooooo cold and it's just going to get colder. Oh, and I think we have the same oven!