Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chatting with the Big Guy

This afternoon we surprised D with a visit to see Santa. The Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro has a Classic Christmas Winter Wonderland setup for all the kiddies to enjoy. The best part is getting to chat with the Big Guy - D made sure he told him exactly what he wants for Christmas. I still can't believe we are so close to the Holidays - wow how this year has flown by.

While we were at the store D was thrilled to test out the boats for sale. Daddy had his eye on this bad boy - dreams do come true - just not this year. Some day we will have big boy toys.

We had some errands to run after the Pro Shops extravaganza but we made it home before my stomach was eating itself. I wanted to pack a snack to take along but in the craziness of getting out of the house I forgot - naughty, naughty. When I got home I had 1/2 a cup cottage cheese and a Kashi granola bar.

For dinner I was in the mood for a big old salad so that's what I made. In my monstrous bowl was romaine lettuce, field greens, shredded carrots, water chestnuts, 2 slices of roasted turkey and a drizzle of Maple Grove Farms dressing.

I also toasted a Whole Wheat Arnold's Sandwich Thin. On one half I melted a slice of lite swiss cheese and topped the other half with a tablespoon of Butter Toffee PB.

I splurged at Stop & Shop today and bought myself a container of Stonyfield Farm Organic Fat Free After Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. My dessert tonight was outstanding - 1/4 cup Kashi Heart 2 Heart (gotta have crunch), 1 cup Frozen Yogurt and a drizzle of my homemade chocolate syrup. It looks so sinful but yet not at all.

I am going to give my Mom a call tonight and see how her weekend was - I miss her so much. Then at 9 o'clock it is Desperate Housewives time. I think a nice warm cup of decaf tea is a good accompaniment to my TV time - I have a box of Vanilla Chai that is amazing.
I hope you all had a great weekend - enjoy what is left of it.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Awww, D is too cute!!! Hooray for Santa :-D

Have a lovely phone call with your mom, and enjoy the night!!

ksgoodeats said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Sunday! Enjoy what's left of it :)

loveofoats.com said...

haha that must have been so exciting for D to get to talk to Santa! I can't believe Christmas is around the corner!

Erica said...

I can't wait to do the Santa thing! How fun! D looks very excited! What does he want for Christmas??? Your dessert looks great!