Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Change of Plans

This afternoon D and I just hung out at home - actually a nice afternoon trying to stay warm. I did some sewing - his karate belt now sports a fine yellow stripe and I had a pair of jeans that needed mending.
For some eats during our easy going afternoon I consumed a plum ....

and a Clif Mojo Bar. This was my first time buying this flavor. I am not disappointed that I tried it, it tasted yummy. I just think it is a little too salty for my super sensitive tongue. The bar is actually quite beautiful - I love the combo of colors from the fruit, nuts and chocolate. There are pieces of pretzels throughout this guy too - kid of a nifty idea.

My dinner tonight was a super speedy one. I had the other 1/2 of my roasted acorn squash to eat so I ate it with my favorite stuffing - cottage cheese and cinnamon. I also had a sliced banana, 2 Ryvita crackers with a tablespoon of Butter Toffee PB.

I added a bowl of broccoli for extra veg - not that I didn't consume enough today :) I was just in the mood for more greenery.

My honey came right home tonight - his job got postponed. His dinner was simple - leftover Cinnamon Spice Chicken, peas & corn and a Dr. Praeger's Sweet potato patty. D requested 2 pita pizzas - he did indeed eat them both.
Now that our little man is all tucked in bed, an episode or two of i Claudius is sounding like a good idea. I just brewed up a cup of decaf tea which I will sip and enjoy with one of my beloved Chocolate Brownie Z Bars.
I hope you have a great night. See you in the AM.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Lovin' the eats!!

Have a lovely night at home with your boys!! :-)

Erica said...

Glad you liked the mojo- they are a tad salty. I love the pretzels in the bar! I think its a very creative product!

Andrea said...

i love your eats today :) have a great night with your beauuutiful boyzzz ;)

just a question - i noticed you often eat different foods for your meals like dinner than the rest of your fam. is it extra work to prepare 2 meals? does your son ever wonder why you are eating something different? i think its great how healthy you eat i was just curious
:)

HeatherBakes said...

I'm in agreement with you on the Mojo bar- I like that you can actually tell what's in it just by looking at it (unlike other Clif bars).

Have a great night!!

magpie said...

I love all of your meals. You always have just what I'm craving :)

Sammie said...

Andrea,
My son wouldn't ever eat broccoli, cottage cheese or PB - so I don't make him. I would rather feed him foods that he likes. I was forced to eat things that I hated when I was a child and really didn't enjoy the experience. I really enjoy cooking for my family - I guess I was born with the feeding gene.

Aggie said...

Sounds like a nice afternoon at home! I am really loving that acorn squash with the cottage cheese! I made the sweet potato rounds last night with our dinner...I'm hooked!

I liked the Mojo bar, but I love sweet and salty combos. Sometimes bars are a little too sweet for me so it was a nice change.