Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Busy Morning

Today has been rush, rush, rush. I got up at 4:30 and went to the gym - great workout at such an early hour.
Breakfast had to be a mess - quick and delicious.
I mixed 3/4 cup plain 0% greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (thawed for a few secs in the micro), Kashi GoLean, Cinnamon Puffins and Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter - mmmmmmm.
D and I had our babysitting shift today so it was out the door and back to the gym for 8:30. Of course the room was utter chaos - at least the kiddies have fun.

When we got home it was time to make lunch - an hour later I finally got to sit down and eat. It is much easier to just feed the man and then focus all my attention on my own lunch. It saves me from burning it or having to eat it cold.
I topped a piece if whole wheat bread with TJ's Red Pepper spread and a Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger. I love this spread - I can't wait to have it on a turkey & cheese sandwich.

Then it was more yogurt (3/4 cup), Kashi GoLean & Kashi Heart 2 Heart, a chopped golden delicious apple and Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee - the flavor of this spread is absolutely divine - I am sooooo glad that Katie hooked me up.

It is actually pretty warm outside at the moment - an adventure in our backyard might be in order. I mine as well take advantage of the nice day because soon enough it will be a winter wonderland out there.
Happy Wednesday!!!

5 comments:

misstiffie said...

MMM Butter Toffee sounds SOO GOOD!!! I'm so bad when it comes to pb, everytime I open a new jar I end up eating half of it!!! Hehehe... Awesome messes as always!!!

BTW, Have you tried TJ's Twigs, Flakes & Clusters cereal yet? You should try some in your mess :] It's very similar to GoLean, but a bit sweeter.

I wanna go outside and enjoy the slightly warmer weather :[ But I'm stuck with meetings all day, sigh...

Erica said...

Hey ! Good for you for getting up so early to go to the gym! With my rush around meetings today and flight late tonight I won't be able to gym it :( I will have to make up for it tomorrow! I hope you enjoy the weather!

VeggieGirl said...

Great messes for a busy day!!

HeatherBakes said...

That red pepper spread is so BRIGHT! Is it similar to hummus?

Sammie said...

Heather,
Yes it is pretty similar to the texture of hummus. There is eggplant in the mix which is probably why it is so creamy. It is one of the best spreads I have ever had and it isn't super loaded with sodium.
If you have a TJ's near you I highly recommend picking up a jar to try.