Friday, November 21, 2008

8 Years Ago

Eight years ago today, Charlie & I went on our first date. We went out to dinner (the restaurant is no longer open) and we went for a very chilly walk afterwards. I think he was shocked that I agreed to another date seeing as he was almost 31 and I had just turned 21. We had lots of fun times together - just me & my honey. Those days are long gone now that we have D but I wouldn't change it - he brings us so much happiness. We have quite the tight unit, my family is the most important thing to me.

I woke up before 6 this morning and enjoyed reading my favorite blogs with a nice cup of tea. About an hour and a half later I mixed up my bowl of goodies.
Of course I had to have PB Puffins - they are so delicious. I mixed 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 3/4 cup PB Puffins, 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, cranberry apple butter and a tablespoon Butter Toffee PB (I think there is less than a tablespoon left in the jar - so sad). The combo of cinnamon, PB and pumpkin was out of this world - I enjoyed every single bite.

Today is a go, go, go day. I am heading to the gym, then I am getting my haircut at 1 and I need to make a trip to Trader Joe's. I will try to post this afternoon but it might be later than usual.
I don't think we have any 8 yr. celebratory plans tonight - maybe I should whip him up a special treat. I will have to see how the day goes - I might run myself out of time.
I hope you have an awesome morning. Happy Friday.

9 comments:

runningwithfood.com said...

Congrats to you and hubby! What a special day!!

You certainly have a wonderful little family! So happy for you!

Enjoy this great day! :)

VeggieGirl said...

SOOOOO lovely about you and Charlie!!!! :-D

Enjoy the glorious day!!

ksgoodeats said...

Congrats to you and Charlie - that's great news! Happy anniversary!

Erica said...

Awww thats wonderful that you remember the day! I have no idea when Josh and I had our first date (shame on me!). Enjoy the day and getting your hair done ;)

carolinebee said...

Happy first date-aversary! :D Where do u get that cranberry apple butter? It looks like jam, such a pretty color!

misstiffie said...

awww adorable!!! congrats :] happy anniversary!!! you guys are such a beautiful couple and have such a beautiful family!!!

Meghann said...

Happy 8 year Anniversary! What a cute story!

Sammie said...

Caroline,
The cranberry apple butter is from Trader Joe's. It is amazing - tart & sweet.

magpie said...

Congrats :)

Enjoy your day!